Master Hub and DS1822+

evan21

Hi,
does anyone know if the Master Hub is compatible with Dallas DS1822+ temperature sensors? I can get a basic daisy chain reading temperature with these sensors using my hobby-boards usb adaptor, I can't get it to work with my recently purchased master hub.
The computer recognizes the master hub - when I activate owfs with the command /opt/owfs/bin/owfs -d /dev/ttyS0 /var/1-Wire/mnt", I can see three entries appear in my /var/1-Wire/mnt folder. The entries are 1F.22E903000000, 1F.D9CF03000000, and 1F.CAE103000000. I assume these are the three channels of the hub. But I can't see any temperature sensors. Is there any special configuration I need to do, or are the sensors hidden in a subfolder for each of the channels?
I've checked my wiring, and it seems correct. From the cat-5 connected to the master hub, pin 4 (blue) goes to the center DQ pin, and pin 5 (white blue) goes to the other two pins.

Is everything I'm doing correct, or are the two devices just incompatible?

Any help would b e appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Evan

Hi,
does anyone know if the Master Hub is compatible with Dallas DS1822+ temperature sensors? I can get a basic daisy chain reading temperature with these sensors using my hobby-boards usb adaptor, I can't get it to work with my recently purchased master hub.
The computer recognizes the master hub - when I activate owfs with the command /opt/owfs/bin/owfs -d /dev/ttyS0 /var/1-Wire/mnt", I can see three entries appear in my /var/1-Wire/mnt folder. The entries are 1F.22E903000000, 1F.D9CF03000000, and 1F.CAE103000000. I assume these are the three channels of the hub. But I can't see any temperature sensors. Is there any special configuration I need to do, or are the sensors hidden in a subfolder for each of the channels?
I've checked my wiring, and it seems correct. From the cat-5 connected to the master hub, pin 4 (blue) goes to the center DQ pin, and pin 5 (white blue) goes to the other two pins.

-Evan

The Master Hub supports almost all of the 1-Wire devices except some of the devices that need a strong programming pulse.

I think there should be a couple of sub-folders for each of the 1F devices for the channels.

Eric

Have you tried using the "Example -- Full tree listing" perl script on the OWFS FAQ?
I found it handy to run that with the output redirected to a file, then browse through the file.

David

Hi,

-Evan

The Master Hub supports almost all of the 1-Wire devices except some of the devices that need a strong programming pulse.

I think there should be a couple of sub-folders for each of the 1F devices for the channels.

Eric

dear eric,
thank you, you were right. it just took a little more searching

-evan

Back