Medio TV Launched Today

BraveSirRobbin

Meedio Launches New DVR Software to Let Consumers Watch, Pause, Schedule, and Record TV -- With No Subscription Fees
Leading digital home software developer Meedio LLC announces the introduction of the Meedio TV digital video recorder application for a one-time fee of only $39.99. Meedio TV allows consumers to watch, pause, rewind, schedule and record live television broadcasts using their PC and remote control.

Click here for additional details.

Houston, Texas (PRWEB) July 27, 2005 -- Meedio LLC, a leader in home entertainment and control software, today announced the availability of the latest product in their line of digital home software. Meedio TV is a digital video recorder (DVR) application that runs on Microsoft® Windows® XP computers and uses a TV tuner to enable users to watch, pause, rewind, and record live television broadcasts. Meedio TV also includes a free subscription to an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) which allows users to browse, search, and schedule upcoming broadcasts up to ten days in advance. Meedio TV is available immediately for only $39.99 at http://www.meedio.com.

Meedio TV is built on the award-winning Meedio platform which also powers the popular Meedio Essentials digital media center. Meedio TV can be used on its own or seamlessly combined with Meedio Essentials to enjoy digital photos, music, movies, news, weather, and games as part of a complete Meedio Pro bundle. Both Meedio TV and Meedio Essentials can be operated with a remote control and connected to a standard TV or HDTV for a true home theater experience. Meedio Pro is also available at the company's website for only $79.99.

By using standard PC hardware, Meedio TV is nearly limitless in its expandability. Additional features of Meedio TV include:

View and record from multiple tuners at the same time with no additional fees.
Search and browse programs by time, channel, title, keyword, cast, or any custom-defined categories.
Record from a direct video input or from external cable and satellite boxes.
Record programs once or every time they are on, with repeat detection and prioritization.
Records in the background when Meedio TV is not running.
Manage hard drive space and video quality profiles.
Manage special European channels and frequencies
Easy on-screen setup wizard.
Seamlessly combines with Meedio Essentials to provide a fully customizable interface to digital photos, music, movies, news, weather, games and over 200 application plugins.
All Meedio TV and Meedio Pro customers will also be eligible for free upgrades to upcoming releases that include planned support for HDTV, DVB, remote tuners, and a web interface.

For more information:
Alan Cheslow
Vice President, Marketing
(877) 633-3461 x704
http://www.meedio.com/press

About Meedio
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Meedio develops innovative software for digital home entertainment and automation systems. Meedio provides a robust middleware platform, a suite of plug-in applications, a customizable user interface, and an extensible media library. Meedio's software is enjoyed by users in more than 40 countries and is licensed to resellers, OEMs, and ISVs worldwide. Visit Meedio online at http://www.meedio.com.

Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meedio Opens the Door to the Digital Home with Free Software Offering
Leading digital home software vendor Meedio LLC announced today that they are making their Meedio Express media center application available as a free download from their website at http://www.meedio.com

Houston, Texas (PRWEB) July 27, 2005 — Meedio LLC, a leader in home entertainment and control software, today announced the availability of Meedio Express, a free software application for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Windows XP computers that lets users enjoy digital photo albums, slideshows, and music using their TV and remote control. Meedio Express is based on a limited version of the award-winning Meedio Essentials platform which lets users collect, categorize, and enjoy all of their digital media files from a central media library.

Meedio Express is free for personal, non-commercial use and includes a music library, music player, picture albums, picture slideshows, scheduled music importer, program launcher, multi-user logins with PIN access, and five full-screen themes that can be navigated with a remote control. Meedio Express can be seamlessly upgraded to Meedio Pro for even more digital entertainment features:

Unlimited custom themes
Access to over 200 custom plugins
DVD and video player
Media file browser
Music jukebox
CD player with autoplay and automatic download of CD information
Weather conditions, forecasts, and maps
File browser
Internet browser
Home automation interfaces
Email access
RSS news access
Comics
Digital video recorder (DVR)
View and record from multiple tuners at the same time with no additional fees.
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Search and browse programs by time, channel, title, keyword, cast, or any custom-defined categories.
Record from a direct video input or from external cable and satellite boxes.
Record programs once or every time they are on, with repeat detection and prioritization.
Easy on-screen setup wizard.
All Meedio Pro customers will also be eligible for free upgrades to upcoming releases that include planned support for HDTV, DVB, remote tuners, and a web interface.

For more information:
Alan Cheslow
Vice President, Marketing
(877) 633-3461 x704
http://www.meedio.com/press

About Meedio
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Meedio develops innovative software for digital home entertainment and automation systems. Meedio provides a robust middleware platform, a suite of plug-in applications, a customizable user interface, and an extensible media library. Meedio's software is enjoyed by users in more than 40 countries and is licensed to resellers, OEMs, and ISVs worldwide. Visit Meedio online at http://www.meedio.com.

Well, well, well

BTV version 4 and now this....

I'll hold back all comments as I've already made my point in another forum ;)

I'm with BSR on this one Treetop. Give us a link if nothing else. Even better, let's see a rant! Nothing like a good rant (for or against, doesn't matter) to get the ol' blood a-boilin'!

Micah said:
Even better, let's see a rant! Nothing like a good rant (for or against, doesn't matter) to get the ol' blood a-boilin'!
Sorry Micah, but my reply to BSR self-destructed after 30 minutes. ;)

You know my roots... ;)

For those that are "really" interested... the story begins:

"Up yours Snapstream! "

:huh:

Well, installed Meedio TV and it looks good, but I can't get the sound to work with the TV. The music library works. Haven't messed around with it much though as it is late. Wonder if this is because I have Media Center installed on this machine (even though I didn't run the Media Center part while running Meedio TV of course).

BSR,
Are you evaluating the Medio TV? U have Media Center now - why Medio TV?

Try something like this:

@ECHO OFF
CLS
ECHO Closing Media Center Services...
net stop ehrecvr
net stop ehsched
' "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIMMC.exe" /TV+
CLS
EXIT

DavidL said:
BSR,
Are you evaluating the Medio TV? U have Media Center now - why Medio TV?
Hi David:

Just evaluating. So I would sub my NVidia Fx5200 graphics card in place of the ATI settings for this script correct?

Thanks for the help (what are you doing up so late BTW)?

BSR

DVR's are great and all but when will someone provide a service that lets me download TV shows from channels that I dont have. I got rid of all my good channels and now only have 17 cable channles which 12 of them are either spanish, news, or home shoping networks. The only decent ones are Discovery, Fox, WBAL, ABC, and CBS. I kept the the 17 channels because it was only $15 a month for that service and if i didnt keep them then my internet bill which is also cable would have went up $10. So for about $5 I get a few decent channels.

Now I have internet still I would like to be able to Download TV shows or atleast be able to stream them to my PC.

Squintz said:
when will someone provide a service that lets me download TV shows from channels that I dont have.
I assume you are talking about a paid service, otherwise there are legal and/or copyright hurdles I believe

BSR,
Actually the commented out line (which I should have deleted instead of commenting) is just to launch ATI's TV Player software. You can launch whatever app (like Meedio TV) that you need to, once the MediaCenter Services are shut down. It has been found that these Services interfere with apps like ATI's TV player, and might also be interfering with Meedio TV.

Yea, I figured that out David and got the MCE to stop with your script but I STILL can't get the TV sound to work with my system. I mean, it worked fine with MCE. Plus I can get sound from Meedio when I play albums and get their sound effects during menu selections. Very strange.

I tried installing, reinstalling, rebooting, wash, rinse, repeat with no success. ;)

Back