Memorial Day sale at Smarthome

rusgrafx

Smarthome is running Memorial Day sale now through Tue.

There are a few nice deals over there. I'm particulary interested in Global Cache stuff. The WiFi to IR iTach is $111.19, and Ethernet to IR is $97.08. It's the lowest prices I've seen so far.

I'm thinking of getting both, but wanted to clarify one thing - from the spec it seems the WiFi version is 802.11b (but compatible to 802.11b/g). I run under 802.11n with WPA2 encryption, which doesn't support 802.11b. Anyone knows (can confirm) that it will work with 802.11g with WPA2?

Also, HomeSeer store has an OPENBOX 2GIG ZStat CT30 ZWave thermostat for $83.50 (regular $150) - there's only ONE available, so first come first served.

UPDATE: I think I found the answer to my question. The Global Cache Tutorial on page 5 says the following:
Note: WPA2 is supported by the iTach family of products, allowing, but not enabling network security. Network security is defined by your router settings.

although it somewhat conflicts with what they say on page 4:

Important Note: To connect iTach units to a wireless network, both 802.11b type WiFi and SSID broadcasting must be enabled on your router.

Back