Modern Alarm Panel with Mac OS X support.

majortom

I am looking for a modern alarm panel (e.g. one with Ethernet built-in, not as an add-on), that supports Mac OS X for programming it (either through an app or with a web interface). I like the ELK panels, but their lack of OS X support is a problem as I have no Microsoft Windows systems. I would be installing new or replacing 4 or 5 panels (DSC Maxsys and Paradox Imperial panels).

Lacking that, the next best one would be a system that at least supports Mac OS X for programming even if it is with an external Ethernet interface.

Finally, a system that has a published (or available under NDA) API for its programming interface would be almost as good (happy to have something developed if that's what it takes).

Thanks in advance for your help.

I won't claim to know about many of them, but I don't know of any...

Also, with the Elk panel, Ethernet connection is an add-on (M1XEP) ;)

I don't know of any panel, however I offer a change to your requirement.

A panel with a
  • HTML5 front end
  • shell
  • built in gig switch ( POE would be great! )
  • USB for local storage
would be great.

( have you looked into Virtual Box for accessing the Elk? I use it for the M1 and for programming my Vantage system )

Hate to put a hole in it but I don't know of any pro level panel that is non-windows based for the programming software. Nature of the beast.

@ Badu, you won't see a panel with a switch from the OEM....those would need to be UL listed for the application and that is cost-prohibitive. Same goes for USB, not to mention if the USB unmounts improperly you're going to corrupt the memory. PCMCIA cards, sure, but again, they'd need to be UL listed. Plenty of panels out there that use those for additional memory, but not at the pricepoint that most pay for an entire system.

Back