Modifying X10 AM466 Module To Act As A High Or Low Voltage Relay

happysmith

Hello,

Been a while since I have posted anythingm but I could sure use some expert advice regarding an X10 AM466 module mod I ahve been trying to undertake.

The link to the instructions is:

http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/Modifying_Appliance_module.htm

I do not want the momentary option, but do want to use the original relay as an isolated contact for 120 volt 15 amp loads (like a PUM01, but higher current and voltage).

The mod instructions indicate that the output could be used as a latched output if the momentary mod is not made.

I find the instructions confusing and don't see how the module would function as a latched output with the original relay connections reconfigured as presented in the instructions.

Can anyone lend assistance ?

Thanks !

You can not isolate the output and get a On and Off operation.
The module has a On Off sensor and if it does not see the AC changing state. It pulses a few time as it tries to change.
Use a 120 Volt AC coil relay driven by the appliance modules outlet.

The calling the switch in a appliance module a relay was a poor choice. It is really a ratchet switch whos cam is toggled by a brief DC {driven by a SCR} pulse on it coil. Each pulse ratches the switch to the other position of On or Off.

I think the line about an isolated On or Off maybe a mistake as I don't see how it can work if the sensor doesn't see the AC status changed.

Back