Monoprice ZWave devices - any issues?

I've seen quite a few reports from people on the HomeSeer forum that use them, and I don't recall anything negative.  Maybe search the forum to confirm.  I've been considering them myself.

Cheers
Al

Sparkman1 said:
I've seen quite a few reports from people on the HomeSeer forum that use them, and I don't recall anything negative.  Maybe search the forum to confirm.  I've been considering them myself.

Cheers
Al
Thanks.  I'll take a look there.  I'm leaning toward a VeraPlus oontroller, so I'll check their forum also.

I've tried a few of their door and window sensors. The z wave plus version have worked well, however, I get many false positives on the regular zwave devices and they're inconsistent - for example, the child devices on two supposedly identical door/windows sensors are different.

I've not tried any of their appliance or dimmer modules.

I have several of their zwave plus recessed door/windows sensors. I actual used one to replace a failed aeon labs model. It's been several months and it's working fine, however, I did notice that the open/close and tamper child devices were reversed and have to monitor the tamper instead of open/close, however, this could just be due to how HomeSeer sees the device and not actually the devices fault.

Thanks for the feedback.

FWIW:  I classify some of the MP products the same way I classify Harbor Freight Tools products.  Purchase carefully and be prepared for some disappointments.  But the prices are good.... ^_^

I have a few appliance/lighting plugin modules on order.  I'll report any issues.

Back