• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Monster Plans Major "Home Automation" Push

classithings

In addition to their AVL series of universal remotes using Logitech and Z-Wave technology, Monster apparantly also plans a MAJOR "home automation" push involving many different types of products and OEM relationships:

At CES2007 Monster announced a "strategic partnership" with HAI whereby at least one HAI controller will be branded as a Monster product. The news release also mentions "Monster Central OnQ structured wiring enclosures" The full announcement pdf is at http://www.monstercable.com/press/pdf/CES0...nce-CES2007.pdf

Also at CES2007, Monster previewed its "Monster Home Control System" first seen at CEDIA. You can see a walkthrough at http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/01/11/monst...em-walkthrough/

Aaron

Monster only takes other works and rebrands them... except the cables (which are way overpriced anyway)

Totally useless company.

Spanky

At CES2007 Monster announced a "strategic partnership" with HAI whereby at least one HAI controller will be branded as a Monster product.

The upside is that they will be making more people aware of Home Automation.
:)

MBrew

Spanky said:
At CES2007 Monster announced a "strategic partnership" with HAI whereby at least one HAI controller will be branded as a Monster product.

The upside is that they will be making more people aware of Home Automation.
:)
That's the key. I don't like the company and I never have, but you most would agree that they truly understand marketing. I don't think that this year is going to be "the year" that home automation explodes, but I do think that this year the general public will begin to see what the possibilities are. Monster will be part of that.

Mike

Aaron

BraveSirRobbin said:
Aaron said:
Monster only takes other works and rebrands them... except the cables (which are way overpriced anyway)

Totally useless company.
Not "totally" useless. They do make a nice remote. :)
not only is that thing UGLY it is also "Monster" priced... $500... what a rip.

HA is catching on regardless of Monster's involvement. What we need is better z-wave products... now if Monster actually gets those to market (not just rebranding other's products) then I'll give them kudos.

AnthonyZ

I personally am a bit disturbed by Noel and his foray into HA. I don't agree that it's a good thing when, as a dealer, I will have to field questions that arise out of big box incompetence and the marriage Monster has with cheesy retail. I will, of course bill at full rate when Firedog or BB, or whomever Monster's pet is this week, screws up a clients home.