Monster Plans Major "Home Automation" Push

classithings

In addition to their AVL series of universal remotes using Logitech and Z-Wave technology, Monster apparantly also plans a MAJOR "home automation" push involving many different types of products and OEM relationships:

At CES2007 Monster announced a "strategic partnership" with HAI whereby at least one HAI controller will be branded as a Monster product. The news release also mentions "Monster Central OnQ structured wiring enclosures" The full announcement pdf is at http://www.monstercable.com/press/pdf/CES0...nce-CES2007.pdf

Also at CES2007, Monster previewed its "Monster Home Control System" first seen at CEDIA. You can see a walkthrough at http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/01/11/monst...em-walkthrough/

Monster only takes other works and rebrands them... except the cables (which are way overpriced anyway)

Totally useless company.

At CES2007 Monster announced a "strategic partnership" with HAI whereby at least one HAI controller will be branded as a Monster product.

The upside is that they will be making more people aware of Home Automation.
:)

Spanky said:
At CES2007 Monster announced a "strategic partnership" with HAI whereby at least one HAI controller will be branded as a Monster product.

The upside is that they will be making more people aware of Home Automation.
:)
That's the key. I don't like the company and I never have, but you most would agree that they truly understand marketing. I don't think that this year is going to be "the year" that home automation explodes, but I do think that this year the general public will begin to see what the possibilities are. Monster will be part of that.

Mike

BraveSirRobbin said:
Aaron said:
Monster only takes other works and rebrands them... except the cables (which are way overpriced anyway)

Totally useless company.
Not "totally" useless. They do make a nice remote. :)
not only is that thing UGLY it is also "Monster" priced... $500... what a rip.

HA is catching on regardless of Monster's involvement. What we need is better z-wave products... now if Monster actually gets those to market (not just rebranding other's products) then I'll give them kudos.

I personally am a bit disturbed by Noel and his foray into HA. I don't agree that it's a good thing when, as a dealer, I will have to field questions that arise out of big box incompetence and the marriage Monster has with cheesy retail. I will, of course bill at full rate when Firedog or BB, or whomever Monster's pet is this week, screws up a clients home.

Back