Motion sensor controlled lights

All of my rooms are controlled this way. I've found that when an adjacent room had a sensor (all of mine do) the system will look for a trip in that room after a non trip in adjacent room.
For example let's say living room only had one way into another room and it's through the kitchen
When living room is NOT tripped, wait 3 seconds for Kitchen to trip. If it didn't trip then someone is still in the Living room

I hope that concept helps.

Big517 said:
All of my rooms are controlled this way. I've found that when an adjacent room had a sensor (all of mine do) the system will look for a trip in that room after a non trip in adjacent room. For example let's say living room only had one way into another room and it's through the kitchenWhen living room is NOT tripped, wait 3 seconds for Kitchen to trip. If it didn't trip then someone is still in the Living roomI hope that concept helps.
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll give it a try. Thx a bunch!

Welcome to Coocoontech CrimsonPirate.   Lots of folks into home automation here.

Neato place you live; like that microclimate stuff that I read about there by you.

Got lost once in a jungle in the mountains on an island with microclimates; well just told wife that we were on an island and could never get lost. (well that and our cells phones didn't work when we got lost).

Yup; personally all I cared about is looking at the big radio telescope there; really nothing else....

Stuff.jpg

That is neato that you want to utilize the 3G/4G telephony (android) infrastructure there for automation. 

Guessing its everywhere these days where you live eh?

You can use the control and automation system to do that. You don't need to walk around just to switch it. You just need to tap "all lights off" of all light on button on your smartphone or tablet.

You've asked for the holy grail of room occupancy sensing btw CrimsonPirate.  I've been working on a design for years that senses changes in the overall ambient IR in a room and is smart enough to detect a person's IR signature when that person is not moving.  

Based on 8 ceiling mounted IR cameras providing a 360 degree field of view, It's getting closer and closer as these devices become simpler and cheaper....

kwilcox said:
You've asked for the holy grail of room occupancy sensing btw CrimsonPirate.  I've been working on a design for years that senses changes in the overall ambient IR in a room and is smart enough to detect a person's IR signature when that person is not moving.  

Based on 8 ceiling mounted IR cameras providing a 360 degree field of view, It's getting closer and closer as these devices become simpler and cheaper....
Or maybe look for a different signal, like breathing/heartbeats at a distance:  http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5434140&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D5434140

Back