Mounting a ELK ELK-M1ZTSR Temp probe in a PVC pipe?

fleetz

Has anyone successfully mounted a ELK-M1ZTSR temp probe into a PVC pipe? I am wanting to locate a ELK-M1ZTSR in a 40mm PVC pipe on the solar pool heating system.

If there is a another option to the ELK-M1ZTSR I would be interested hearing too.

Cheers,

Fleetz

Has anyone successfully mounted a ELK-M1ZTSR temp probe into a PVC pipe? I am wanting to locate a ELK-M1ZTSR in a 40mm PVC pipe on the solar pool heating system.

If there is a another option to the ELK-M1ZTSR I would be interested hearing too.

Cheers,

Fleetz

I've given up on the elk temperature sensors. I'm going to deploy a 1-wire network, probably hooked up with HS, or perhaps CQC

Cheers,

Fleetz

Wouldn't it be better mounting the tempsensor (ELK-M1ZTSR temp probe, or NTC-resistor or whatever) not inside the pipe but outside? And -of course- some insulating around it, maybe covered by a piece of 4"-PVC-pipe. The insulation because you want to measure the water/pipe-temp and not the surrounding air. Maybe you also insert a short metal fitting in the pipe-run at this point for better heat-transfer. It would be a safer operation if you don't drill any whole in a pipe and seal it. Screwed fittings in the pipe-run are much more reliable. The temp-response should be fast enough for this purpose. Take also attention of the temperature-range of the probe.

Only a sugestion.

The problem is with range and conditions. The ELK temperature sensor is basically meant for ambient room temperature. It doesn't handle excessive temperatures

No excessive temps range would be 20C to 30C. Water pressure probably 15 PSI.

The NTC is interesting however the analog interfacing to M1 isn't as clear as it could be.

Cheers,

Fleetz

Back