MSN Q & A : Windows Media Center 2005

electron

Administrator
Staff member
This Q&A is still in progress and I will post updates later today, but this will give some idea of what MCE 2005 is all about, especially if you missed the launch event (or video feed):

edit: Q&A has been completed, I posted the entire log, you can use Ctrl-F if you are looking for a certain answer.

Q: Does Hauppauge PVR350 work under MCE 2005 with current drivers?
A: Yes it should work - please see the hardware compatibility list on http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready for a list of supported tuner cards and drivers.

Q: Will OEMs be able to add to the supported video streaming formats? For example, provide support for VidX AVI encoded files under "My Videos"?
A: Yes if they choose to do so in their images.

Q: I'm very confused... You have told people that MCE2005 will be in the MAPS pack for October and other responses have been that it won't be in the October MAPS?? Can you please clarify to OEM'ers the release schedule for MAPS, as there is outdated info on the MAPS site BTW...Thanks for the great webcast
A: For availabiity please refer to the MAP site as it will be updated with this information.

Q: info is outdated by a year!! showing last year's infowhen will MAPS susscribers get the October release?? mid-october or end of october? The current MAPS
A: For availability please refer to the MAP site.

Q: How do you control channel selection for Dish network receiver which uses RF remote?
A: We don't support RF with MCE. In this situation you will need to contact your provider to swap out the STB for one that uses IR instead of RF.

Q: When and where will be the Digitial Media Feature Pack available?
A: This is available with the 3 packs of Media Center 2005. There are seperate licenses required for this and they are explained in the included documentation.

Q: Please give some ideas of decoders for the MCE 2005.
A: Some examples of MPEG2 decoders that have been tested with MCE 2005 are Cyberlink PowerDVD, Intervideo WinDVD,and NVidia's NVDVD.

Q: Are there any books or manuals available on MCE 2005?
A: Books that discuss MCE 2005 should be available soon. In the meantime please use http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready for documentation on MCE 2005.

Q: Earlier in the Q&A you stated Windows Movie Maker 2 can now open DVR-MS files yet on my MCE 2005 system this isn't possible - I keep getting "The file forexample.dvr-ms is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker."
A: A third party conversion program will be needed. Movie Maker 2 does not have support to open this.

Q: Referring to your last answer on xbox extender: "it is still being worked on". Do you mean the 16x9 format is being worked on, or just the xbox extender in general?
A: the widescreen support

Q: I HP MCE of the presentation is not listed on HP's site. Any directions? (e.g. model number)
A: I would recommend that you call HP and ask them directly, if it is not listed on their website.

Q: Is the EPG working in the Netherlands for MCE2004 and MCE2005 ?
A: Not yet - we are working on it however.

Q: is there a configuration available for a headless(no monitor)MCE
A: Yes - your Media Center PC can be directly connected to a TV rather than a monitor. However, we do not support a truly headless MCE machine as there is no way to navigate through the UI without video.

Q: Is an upgrade for 16x9 format planned for extenders?
A: yes it is being worked on at this time

Q: Please give me a few exemples of decoders for the MCE 2005?
A: http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Is it easy to use Dish Network / Bell ExpressVu with MCE 2005? How does the guide work?
A: It is very easy to use with these systems. Using the IR Emitter we control the STB for hannel changes. As for the guide, we download the correct guide for these services from the local provider.

Q: Are there TV tuner cards with RGB video output?
A: Yes. For the complete list of supported tuners, please see http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/MCERead...ts_for_MOSB.xls.

Q: Does MCE work with Leadtek Winfast TV Tuner PCI Card?
A: Please refer to the compatability list at oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Does or will (via an update) MCE 2005 support digital cable TV cards, e.g. for the German pay-tv "Premiere"?
A: Unknown at this time.

Q: Which Codec or Codecs work best with MCE?
A: http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Is there any way to backup the ripped or downloaded files (images, etc) included with MCE?
A: Yes, MCE 2005 includes the ability to burn to CD or DVD.

Q: Is there any "prefered" video adapters for providing HDTV Component output?
A: please refer to the HCL available at http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/MCERead...ts_for_MOSB.xls

Q: wat time is it over ther at the moment? from england. PS. will be shown again? if so at what time (over here in england)
A: it will be available for later viewing at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast Please allow at least 24 hours to be available

Q: Will Twinhan DVB cards work with MCE2005 with their current BDA drivers?
A: Please consult the hardware compatibility list on http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready for a full list of hardware supported in MCE 2005.

Q: Will MCE05 work out of the box with the ATI Remote wonder, or will additional drivers be required from ATI?
A: A Media Center remote will be needed to use the media center features.

Q: what is the specific version of the codec that they refer to from Nvidia
A: This is listed in the HCL available at http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/MCERead...ts_for_MOSB.xls

Q: Will the xbox extender support xbox live downloads?
A: Unknown at this time.

Q: Is 16x9 aspect ratio format planned as a future upgrade to extenders?
A: It is being worked on

Q: Who besides linksys is building extenders that are actually available in dist-d? No one seems to have anything
A: HP and Linksys are the current partners providing extenders. There are several more working on their version and they will announce availability in the near future.

Q: Will tuners with MCE 2005 logo be supported by Windows Server 2003 Media Services?
A: They will need to be WQHL for Windows Server 2003

Q: What decoder are they using on the demo system?
A: NVIDIA Forceware

Q: Why does the US English ATSC QFE update only to build 2230, why the German language one updates to build 2231?
A: Because the German lanquage required an extra build. QFE updates will vary by language localization.

Q: Can several MCE 2005 PC's be operated on the same network and recorded content accessed from multiple MCE PC's
A: MCE can access recorded content on workgroup shared resources.

Q: Does MCE support automatic aspect ratio switching at its video input?
A: No, ME does not support WSS at this time.

Q: i have 2004 with windvd4 installed. when i upgrade to 2005, will i have to upgrade my dvd software as well?
A: For the current dvd decoder requirements please refer to the HCL at: http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/MCERead...ts_for_MOSB.xls

Q: I AM confussed - again - Can I make a copy of the recorded TV to DVD for storage and viewing later? Conflicting answers
A: You can copy the recorded dvr-ms file to a DVD for storage and playback later to a MCE machine or on a PC that has a version of WMP that supports playback of dvr-ms files. The only time you could not be able to "archive" a dvr-ms file to a DVD would be if the recording was copy protected from being copied (copy never). Some recorded programs also are copy protected to only be played on the MCE machine that it was recorded on. If you install the Digital Media Feature Pack for MCE 2005 you will then have the ability to take a recorded TV program and burn it to a DVD in a format that most consumer stand alone DVD players will recognize for playback.

Q: Can you connect to a MCE 2005 system via Remote Desktop? If so can you watch video via remote deskop?
A: To watch movies remotely you need to use one of the extenders

Q: If I have 2 tuners, do I need 2 remotes? If not, how does MCE know which tuner to change?
A: It utilizes the available tuner. So, if you are recording TV with one tuner it'll automatically use the other tuner.

Q: Will MCE 2005 have support for satellite services such as VOOM?
A: The voom set top box is still needed

Q: Does MCE2005 support automatic aspect ratio switching (16x9 vs 4x9) at its video input?
A: not at this time

Q: will MCE 2005 support playing retail DVD's at 1080i when copy restricstrions wouldn't let you do this in MCE 2004?
A: this should have been addressed in MCE 2005

Q: Why does MCE 2005 not support DVB-S now?
A: DVB-S cards have legal issues currently

Q: Will MCE 2K5 support user created plug-ins / add-ons(i.e unsigned code)?
A: No

Q: if you have a mce pc with 2 TV tuners and 2 additional tv's in the house with MC extenders. Can only 2 TV's be viewing live tv at one time?
A: That is correct each MC Extender will be using the signal

Q: Is there a direct link for this webcast for those of us who are on linux and running xine/mplayer?
A: The webcast will be available at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast in ~24 hours.

Q: Will MCE 2005 allow live TV streaming across the internet (Like Beyond TV's Steaming TV)?
A: We do not support streaming live TV across the internet at this time.

Q: Does 2005 support Screen Overlay on on the Hauppauge 350
A: Not at this time.

Q: Will MCE 2005 support DVB Satellite Cards?

Q: What is the next step for Microsoft and the different ways to make home and commute more convient
A: I cannot discuss future products and planning at this time.

Q: When will the EPG guide data be available in Australia? At the moment there is no way of getting tv through MCE 2005 in australia because there is no guide!
A: There are legal issues that ake this difficult. The program information is copyrighted in Austraia so we need very specific legal agrements before this can be accomplished. We are currently working on this.

Q: Can I get free banners and information to advertise this in my store??
A: Please check with your local distributor and Microsoft representative for informational and advertising material.

Q: Is the HP MCE of the presentation sold in Europe?
A: I would recommend you check HP's website for this infomation

Q: is windows media center actually XP Home, or XP Pro?
A: Built off of XP Pro architecture

Q: is ATI HDTV Wonder supported?
A: Yes it is.

Q: Is all this information comming out on DVD? CD? of somthing? We can see the presentation back. Is that posible?
A: The web cast will be posted on this web site after 24 hours.

Q: ndvidia what? will their be a download for the dvd codecs?
A: join the system builder program through NVidia at this time

Q: Will there be any promotional material available in the u.k. - ie videos , cd, poster etc?
A: You will need to post this question on your local MS system builder support site. Thanks for joining us today! Please go to www.oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast after 24 hours to view the show again.

Q: what does NFR stand for?
A: Not For Resale.

Q: Is there a link to all the Q&A in text format?
A: It will be posted on the System Builder site in a few days.

Q: One of the most exciting products to come from any software company in years! Congratulations!
A: Thank you! Appreciate you tuning in for this event today.

Q: is it possible to download recorded TV to pocketpc?
A: Non-copy protected recorded TV can be downloaded to a Pocket PC. To play it on the Pocket PC you'll need a version of Windows Media Player that supports playback of dvr-ms files.

Q: A remark. Finally some competition for Apple!
A: Thanks!

Q: Have you fixed the RC5 Infrared problem, where you can't always use duplicate channels numbers e.g 112 211 133 ?
A: This issue isn't the problem with RC5, but the speed configuration used to enter the numbers via the IR Emitter. If you are seeing duplicate numbers you will need to change this configuration b re-running the wizard.

Q: Is this on a record to see it again?
A: The webcast will be available at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast in ~24 hours

Q: Will MCE have tivo-like functions integrated?
A: Yes - PVR functionality is included with MCE.

Q: Is there firewire support for camcorder recordings?
A: yes

Q: Where do I go to change the delivery address for my Action Pack updates?
A: You can e-mail [email protected], or call 877-283-1925

Q: Any ETA for the MSDN Download?
A: more information will be available at a later date

Q: Must I buy hundreds of OEM licenes, or can I start with a small amount to build "on-demand" for certain customers?
A: You can purchase a OEM 3 Pack that is the smallest pack available.

Q: where do I buy the XBOX kit?
A: In November you should be able to find it at any of your local electronics retail store.

Q: Is there any way later to find out if my questions were answered, without reading through the whole Q&A session?
A: Yes - the Q&A details will be posted to this website in a day or so following this presentation.

Q: Do you know if the Logitech media (remote) mouse is compatible with MCE 2005?
A: You can go to oem.microsoft.com/mceready for a complete list of compatible hardware components.

Q: You talk about not using junk components, so will MCE2005 be available for 64bit AMD based systems ? Or is it optimised for Intel HT JUNK!
A: There are several MCE 2005 systems available based upon the AMD 64 processors.

Q: How does xbox extender work with MCE 2005 on pc, what benefits do you get from this??
A: It allows you to view MCE material on a separate TV that's connected to an Xbox.

Q: Will MCE 2005 have support for the ATI HDTV PCI card?
A: Yes, although it will not support HDTV on the ATI HDTV Wonder card (only analog). Only the dedicated ATI HDTV PCI card is supported for ATSC support in MCE 2005.

Q: Does the xbox extender support widescreen format?
A: it is still being worked on at this time

Q: Can you add thumbnails for videos, similar to album covers in the My Music section

Q: does the extender offer different things on the MCE and other TV or doe sit just extend the video and IR signal to get the same on each TV
A: It is different on each TV with each different Media Center Extender

Q: Does Media Center Edition support HDTV?
A: Only if the hardware supports it.

Q: Can we have an actual time frame for an MSDN release?
A: more information on this will be available at a later date

Q: Can I use a third party remote, such as an ATI Remote Wonder with MCE2005?
A: Only if the manufacturer supports the IR spec that is being used for MCE. I don't believe that the ATI Remote Wonder is fully functionable in the MCE Shell.

Q: at which time is the xbox extender for germany aviable?
A: Xbox Extender for Germany is not available at this time. I cannot discuss future plans or product availability at this time.

Q: Belgium support?

Q: Is it avaible in Dutch?
A: Yes, we have released MCE 2005 in The Netherlands.

Q: Bill just mentioned news, is RSS capability built into MCE2005?
A: There are several companies that have created RSS reader plugins.

Q: Can I run cable and Satellite television with duel tuners?
A: Not at the same time - you must have the same signal source coming in to both tuners, i.e. two set top boxes, two analog cable signals, 2 same satellite receivers signals.

Q: Is Freeview Digital television still supported via PVR-250 Hauppauge card
A: should still be supported

Q: nvidia forceware where do i get this codec?
A: From Nvidia

Q: If the machine is extended and serving lots of media, isn't the Windows Server OS necessary?
A: No. Windows Server is not necessary.

Q: will mce 2005 play divx movie files
A: If you have the correct codex installed

Q: Does media center now support DVB-C or DVB-S European digital TV standards?
A: MCE does not support DVB-C or DVB-S at this time.

Q: Can MCE be downloaded at a cost? (Without a PC of course, let's say I have a pc suitable for MCE)
A: Windows MCE 2005 is not available via download, but if you are in one of the 12 supported countries, you can purchase the October 2004 Action Pack from microsoft.com/partner. This will include one NFR copy.

Q: Burning recorded television shows onto DVDs with 3rd party applications (with MCE 2004) has always been a slow process. Is the burning procress faster with the integrated DVD burning in MCE 2005?
A: Depends on the speed of the drive.

Q: What is the recommended video decoder to use with MCE 2004 if you are running MCE 2004 on pc?
A: Please refer to the HCL at http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/MCERead...ts_for_MOSB.xls

Q: Are there Demo Copies of MCE 2005 anywhere from Distribution or my OEM MS Rep?
A: MCE 2005 is available on the Action Pack subscription..none from the Distributors.

Q: Does MCE 2005 support VCDs?
A: It will play back VCD's

Q: How much RAM should I have?
A: Please review the Hardware requirements/specifications posted on https://oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Can Windows Movie Maker open MSDVR files now?
A: yes it can with movie maker 2

Q: Where is the HCL list located on your WEB site?
A: Yes, please go to oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Do you have a SKU available for the X-box extender?
A: The X-box extender is not available yet. It will be out prior to Christmas.

Q: why i get with mce error "no data aviable" at some german tv channels?
A: We have partnered with local EPG providers for this information. Depending on how they configure the Data, the information may not be available at the time it is posted. If you encounter this issue please use the EPG link on microsoft.com/mediacenter to notify us and we will get it correct.

Q: Does the 2005 Version of Windows Media Centre Edition support Digital Visual Broadcasting (DVB) broadcasting (digital tv over aerial) cards? like the Hauppauge Nova-T?
A: We support DVB-T in MCE 2004 and MCE 2005.

Q: dvd with xbox is now not possible, is it possible with other extenders?
A: Extenders do not support DVD other then Xbox with the DVD add-on

Q: Will you be releasing the sky visualization seen on your presentation? It's less cluttered than the ones currently available with Windows Media Player 10.
A: it is the WMP10 bliss visualisation

Q: witch video card do you suggest for MCE 2005 ?
A: Please visit oem.microsoft.com/mceready for a list of recommended hardware components.

Q: how many licenses come with Windows Mediacenter 2005 for the action pack subscription?
A: One

Q: will MCE 2005 be available to developers on MSDN Subscriptions? If so when?
A: We are checking with the MSDN team now to find out about availability. When this webcast is posted tomorrow, we will post this information on the Q&A section.

Q: mce 2005 is very cooool product! its very good that this product ist now for small systembuilder aviable!!! now are cool mce's possible - not only the big grays towers!
A: Yes! Thanks for sharing your excitement.

Q: Does MCE include Windows Movie Maker? Is video editable from within the Media Center?
A: MCE 2005 does include Movie Maker (just as XP does). Video is not editable within the MCE 2005 shell.

Q: Are there Demo Copies of MCE 2005 anywhere from Distribution or my OEM MS Rep?
A: NFR copies of Windows MCE are only available through purchase of the Action Pack (microsoft.com/partner) in the 12 countries where MCE is available.

Q: when it will be shipped for oem's ?
A: Windows MCE 2005 is available now through Microsoft OEM Distributors.

Q: Is the current Hauppage PVR-350 supported, and if so will Microsoft make drivers available for it?
A: Hauppauge will put out new drivers at a later time

Q: Do the necessary Codecs come with XPMCE 2005?
A: The codecs need to be installed by the system builder but are not supplied as part of MCE itself.

Q: will the keynote be rebroadcasted again?
A: the recorded keynote will be posted on the Microsoft OEM website after 24 hours

Q: The MCE 2005 PC and the Extenders will make an incredible home experience. Fantastic!
A: Thanks!!

Q: how can i get a free copy
A: An evaluation version of MCE will be made available in the coming month(s). More information on this will be posted to the Microsoft OEM System Builder Website when available.

Q: When will MCE 2005 be able to upgrade from MCE 2004 by using Windows Update in the UK?
A: It will not be available on WU, you will need to get the update from the original OEM that you got the MCE 2004 system from.

Q: will a trial version be made available to Tech-Net+ subscribers along with the other betas?
A: We are currenlty working on getting a trial version posted. Please keep checking on the MCEReady website.

Q: Can you get one of the MCE laptops to run as an extender?
A: No.

Q: I know you have been asked before, but where can I find the list of approved 2 tuner video cards?
A: oem.microsoft.com/mceready/

Q: When will MCE become available in Denmark?
A: Denmark is not one of the available countries at this time. We do not have the plans for future country availability

Q: Do I understand that media center doesn't play dvd's. That is what I understand from the questopns and answer session.
A: The DVD can be played from the Media Center PC but not from the Media Center Extender

Q: If I have a high-end PCX with TV Tuner now, can I install/upgrade to MCE ?
A: No - the only upgrade path to MCE 2005 is from MCE 2002 or 2004.

Q: how much more storage do you need to record in HDTV quality?
A: You can find more information on HD requirements for HDTV recording at https://oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: Will XP MCE 2005 support dual display monitors
A: MCE 2005 does support dual displays

Q: Can you attach windows mediacenter to windows xp pro workgroup?
A: Yes

Q: is bill gates keynote going to rebroadcasted?
A: Yes - it will be posted for download on the Microsoft OEM System Builder website in a couple days.

Q: Will there be a PC based network client for MCE, without the need for a seperate extender?

Q: Will networked PC's be able to access live/recorded streaming content on the MC 2005 box?
A: Networked PCs will not be able to access live streaming content. They will be able to play non-copy protected recorded TV that has been shared on the Media Center PC as long as they have a version of WMP that supports playing dvr-ms files.

Q: what video formats are supported in WMP10 for Pocket PC
A: not in the scope of this Q & A

Q: Please consider having 5this on MSDN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We pay big bucks for access and now my entire company can't start developing on it. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS A HIGH PRIORITY
A: Thanks for your feedback. We are checking with the MSDN team about this now and will post the availability information when this web cast is posted tomorrow in the Q&A section. Thanks.

Q: Can we have an estimate on MSDN availability please?
A: it will be posted at a later time

Q: If MCE is useless without a remote control, then why does it not come with it included?
A: The Remote would come with the video hardware.

Q: Will MCE2005 allow recording of FM radio ?
A: Radio can not be recorded at this time.

Q: Where can I buy it in Canada?
A: The System Builder Website lists the Authorized Dist you can purchase MCE 2005 from.

Q: Can we at least have an ESTIMATE on MSDN availability?
A: We are checking with the MSDN team on this now. When this webcast is posted on this web site tomorrow, we will provide this answer in the Q&A section. Thanks for your patience.

Q: When will MCE2005 be available at msdn subscriber downloads?
A: that information will be available at a later date

Q: is the MCE available in Poland?
A: Unfortnately, no Polish version is at this time.

Q: Will MCE be compatible with UK digital terrestial tuner cards ?
A: Yes, we support DVB-T tuner cards. For a current list please refer to oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Did anyone address HDTV? Is it supported?
A: In the US Only using OTA

Q: Australia?
A: There are some copyright issues with the EPG in Australia. These are being actively worked at this time.

Q: does it work in canada?
A: Yes - MCE is available in Canada now. Please contact any OEM Distributor in your area.

Q: If you have MSDN Version of MCE 2004 on your computer can you just upgrade to MCE 2005?
A: MCE 2005 is not available on MSDN at this time

Q: Does MCE support automatic aspect ratio switching (16x9 vs 4x3) at its video in?
A: We do not support WSS at this time.

Q: when will microsoft make a integrated keyboard/mouse with bluetooth for the true sofa experiece...no coffee table needed?
A: Good idea!

Q: Can the MCE also be used as a normal PC, eg can you run office and outlook simultaniously with the video in a corner?

Q: I have noticed that Windows XP MCE 2005 OEM edition can now be purchased from online retailers such as newegg.com, but I thought MCE was only supposed to be available preinstalled by system builders?
A: System builders can distribute singleOEM system builder product (which includes MCE) with non-peripheral hardware components. However, they are supposed to ensure that purchasers agree to the system builder license. The are not allowed to distribute just the single untits of software alone. Please see oem.micosoft.com/licensing_main for more info.

Q: Is Linksys the only manufacturere making a stand-alone extender?
A: Linksys and HP are the only manufactures that supply the extenders at this time.

Q: Can you run two LCD panels with TV on one and Office on the other?
A: Yes.

Q: Will MCE come with Action Pack Standard or Plus or Both? Thanks
A: MCE 2005 comes in all Action Packs starting October in countries where MCE is distributed

Q: When will Media Center Extenders (XBox extender etc) be avilable in UK?
A: at a later date

Q: Is MCE available in Canada?

Q: does it come with the cables or are they a seperate purchase
A: Windows MCE 2005 ships in a 3-pack from authorized OEM Distributors. other cables and hardware components are a separate purchase.

Q: Approximately how much will a Media Center Extender cost?
A: Please contact your Authorized OEM Distributor for more details on software/hardware availability and pricing.

Q: Will Media Centre Edition 2005 available from Windows Update for Media Centre Edition 2004 customer?
A: Not, the upgrade is only available from the original OEM that the MCE 2004 was purchased from.

Q: Will the Original MCE Remote work with MCE2005.

Q: What is the Microsoft Part Number for the remote?
A: The part number for the 3-pack is: A9O-00007.

Q: Do extenders and xbox extender support widescreen MCE?

Q: Will MCE 2005 be available through Volume Licensing??
A: No. Windows MCE 2005 is only available through OEM and System Builder Channels.

Q: Where do we get the OPK for MCE 2005, does it come in the MCE 2005 CD? Do we have to buy XP home or Pro just to get the OPK for MCE?????
A: OPK comes in the 3-pack in countries where MCE is distributed.

Q: Is the new remote programmable?
A: Unfortunately not at this time.

Q: Does MCE switch between normal 4:3 broadcasts and widescreen broadcasts when zapping through TV channels. Not all broadcasts are widescreen in Holland.
A: MCE does not support WSS at this time.

Q: Does MCE support radio channels?
A: Yes, if the hardware includes a Radio tuner.

Q: Why doesn't this presentation site work with Firefox?
A: not able to answer this question at this time

Q: so mce 2005 comes with a remote in the oem version?
A: The remote control is a separate purchase from your OEM Distributor.

Q: What is the North America SKU for MCE2005 for ordering?
A: The part number is M93-00091

Q: Can we download this slideshow presentation somewhere yet?
A: Should be available tomorrow at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast

Q: Can we download a copy of the slides presented?
A: Will be available tomorrow at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast

Q: Will these Webcasts be available for at a later date?
A: The recorded launch will be available on the Microsoft OEM website after 24 hours.

Q: can i download this entire video for viewing again later?
A: Yes - go to www.oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast

Q: Why are the MCE 2005 launch dates for the MSDN so vague?
A: The dates are not set in stone yet. Please be patient.

Q: Is the xbox extender upgradeable through xbox live? If so, are there any planned upgrades (such as support for 16x9 format)?
A: Not through Live, there is a CD that is required each time you use the Xbox as an extender. We have no information available if 16x9 will be supported in future products or not.

Q: will there be a high quality archive of this keynote so people that missed the live keynote have the chance to download it?
A: Will be available after tomorow at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast

Q: Are there any contests to win a MCE 2005 system?

Q: I though this was only for OEM partners and all i see is hardware questions from end users
A: This is hosted on the Microsoft OEM System Builder Web site for registered System Builders only.

Q: do i have to use the OPK set..? i.e what will I give my customers - the 2 CD's..? also, whats this about an additional "media" CD that ships with the OEM pack..?
A: You must use the OPK to preinstall the OS. You do not give the OPK tools CD to the customer. The OS media CD(s) is what you give to your customer.

Q: What software do i need to create custom configs for MCE 2005
A: Use the OPK tools. It's the same basic process as installing regular Windows XP Pro or Home.

Q: why isnt there a mce2005 update available to download?
A: It's a new package not an update. Do you expect your Car Dealer to give you a new car every year?

Q: Is thi mce2005 available in Canada?
A: Yes! Please contact an authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor found at oem.microsoft.com. Thanks!

Q: Who makes the MCE extenders (non XBOX)??
A: Linksys makes one

Q: Wil MCE05 include video editing software?
A: No. You would need to use separate video editing software.

Q: Is there any monthy subscription fee to get list of tv channels to record or anything like that?

Q: Is it an actual different o/s than Xp Pro or just an add on to it? If so, can you buy them seperatly?
A: Different - only availble separeately. Only available via the OEM and system builder channels.

Q: How many tv card does MCE2005 support?
A: MCE 2005 supports 2 analog TV Tuner cards. For the U.S. region we also support an additional ATSC card (with Update 1 available on Windows Update).

Q: Why is MCE 2005 avaible to OEM / system builders before MSDN owners?
A: We want to make sure that OEMs & System Builders can build MCE PCs for end users.

Q: Do you know when the Hauppauge MCE Cards will be available in Germany?
A: No, we are sorry ... we do not have this availability information.

Q: Does the remote control come with MCE for the Action Pack?
A: No remote control in the October Action Pack. Future Action Packs will have the remote control.

Q: Will WMCE delivered in our MS action pack for Partners?
A: The action pack for October includes MCE 2005 in countries where MCE is distributed.

Q: the MCE can only install in a barebone?
A: Please go to oem.microsoft.com/mceready for information on how to assemble a quality MCE PC!

Q: Will there be a volume license MCE2005 edition?

Q: why isn't the mce available in japan in the action pack?
A: For the October release, the Japanese MCE did not make the production timeline. We should have it in the next quarter.

Q: will the video quality with MCX be comparable to the MCE PC..?
A: Yes, in some cases the video quality could even be better through the MCX device than the MCE PC.

Q: What is an Extender?
A: http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady has good information on that

Q: WILL THE EXTENDER STREAM DVD PLAYBACK?

Q: when is the MCE in the netherlands
A: It should be available now from your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor.

Q: Is an extender basically a wireless device that caries your remote control signals to the media center PC in another room?
A: It carries the entire Audio, Video and MCE experience to another room.

Q: Will it be required that whoever uses MCE 2005 have to have SP2?

Q: When (what date) will MCE 2005 be available to MSDN subsribers?
A: Soon!

Q: Will Microsoft UK be launching MCE 2005 and if so when.
A: Yes, it should be available now from your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor.

Q: To your knowledge is Hauappauge releaseing new drivers for 250se?
A: they should be releasing new 2005 drivers

Q: what exactly is an extender?
A: An extender is a hardware device that allows you to connect other devices to the MCE PC. Both wired and wireless connectivity is available.

Q: Will this work with NTL (digital cable) in England?
A: should be able to use it

Q: Will there be a service pack in the future so MCE2005 will be able to be joined in a domain?

Q: Will the version of MCE that comes with the Action Pack come with a remote control?

Q: Who is answering the questions in this Q&A session?
A: There is a team of about 10 people in Redmond who are answering all the questions.

Q: Why can you not a record a radio program? I have the ancer of that question?
A: There are copyright issues with recording OTA radio broadcasts. This feature has been requested multiple times and we are working to get this resolved by the legal team.

Q: as an oem system builder in the uk. when can we get our hands on the software?
A: You can order MCE 2005 from your authorized distributor today. For your internal use, your Action Pack subscription for October will include it.

Q: at which time are extender in germany aviable?
A: will be available at a later date

Q: Is the new Microsoft remote in the 34-40KHz infrared range, or does it use the 56KHz spectrum? Some folks like to hide the PC and use a RF remote extender, so 56KHz may require a new extender.
A: Good question.

Q: what is recommened HD size when using MCE
A: Please go to the http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready webiste for minimum and recommended hardware requirements.

Q: When will Media Player 10 for Mobile Devices be available?
A: Unfortunately I am not familiar with WMP 10 availability for mobile devices.

Q: How do you integrate HDTV tuner?
A: ATSC (HD over the air) support in MCE 2005 is available in the US only and requires downloading the Update 1 for Media Center 2005 packages from Windows Update. You must have an NTSC tuner present in order to install a ATSC tuner card. For a list of supported ATSC tuner cards please visit http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Whats the min. video card recommended?
A: 64 MB card

Q: When will MCE05 be in the AP update?
A: Yes, in the October 2004 Action Pack, but only in the 12 countries in which MCE is available (except Japan).

Q: whys is mce2005 released to oem builders before MSDN owners?
A: Microsoft wanted to be sure that there would be MCE PCs available for customers to purchase in time for today's launch event.

Q: bill said MCE 2005 supports HDTV, however all reports said MCE only supported over the air HDTV and not cable or satTV HD. What HDTV support will MCE 2005 offer?
A: over the air HDTV

Q: Can the Xbox extender be used with MCE 2004, or just MCE 2005?
A: Requires MCE2005 to work

Q: When will MCE incorporate a streaming server function so it can stream live TV to other PC's on the network ??
A: No, not at this time.

Q: How much for the extenders?
A: different prices for different manufacturers, roughly in the $300 range

Q: Is HP going to release new PCs with MCE 2005 ?

Q: For New Home Builders have the luxury of putting Strctured Cabling with New Homes so that to take adavantage of pre-Installing a more Stable & Intelligent Home Network of Digital Audi Video & Data on the MCE Network Media of WireLess > Cable > Telephone Wiring inclusive of Fiber Optic Cabling for Super WideBand Interoperability Distribution & Integration ?
A: Could you repeat the question in a different way. Don't quite understand your question

Q: is Hauppauge PVR still supported by MCE 2005?
A: depending on what card you have. 150-MCE and 250-MCE is supported

Q: Please post the Microsoft Part Number for the remote
A: The Microsoft part number for the 3-pack is A9O-00007.

Q: When will it be available to download on MSDN?
A: We are checking with the MSDN team on the timing now and will post the answer on this web site (under the Q&A section whent this session is posted) as soon as we have it. Thank you.

Q: Is MCE 2k5 based on SP2?
A: Yes - MCE includes SP2.

Q: Do the media extenders support DVD playback from the MCE PC?
A: not at this time.

Q: exciting my new clients will love this product and find this as a reseason to start fresh with new systems
A: Great! Thank you!!!

Q: Is there any easy way to view the list of questions asked, because when I try to read them it keeps sending me back to the top of the list??
A: They will be posted to the OEM System Builder Website within a couple days following this event. Please come back to review these details.

Q: Will there be a Network Client version of MCE to enable people to use other PCs on a LAN instead of extenders?
A: Sorry we can only comment on announced products

Q: We are testing MCE 2005 and are not able to get 5.1 dolby digital audio to play from within MCE. Is this the place for that question, or is there a better place to get an answer?
A: Post your technical questions to the newsgroups at oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: With all of these partners how subscriptions will our customers need to subscribe to? ie. Napster, movie link etc.
A: Not required to sign up with any of the subscriptions unless you would like to use these services

Q: Can I obtain a NFR of mce 2005 or do I have to subscribe to an action pack?
A: System Builders are encouraged to subscribe to the action pack.

Q: I can see that the IR blaster lets MCE control Cable and Sat STB's, but how do you capture that video to an MCE device?
A: The cable and satellite STBs must be connected to the Media Center PC via a PCI or USB TV Tuner card.

Q: If you have a current Action Pack subscription, will MCE be a quarterly update?
A: The subscription runs for 1 year. If your subscription is still active for October, you will receive the MCE 2005 if you are in a country where MCE is distributed.

Q: Will the various downloads services be available in the UK?
A: most will be available

Q: What about my customers with older Conexent BT turners will they supported in 2005
A: Please refer to the HCL list available on oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Is there any designs to have MCE2005 integrated with the xbox platform?
A: with the xbox media extender

Q: If a DVD is required, why notr deliver OS on DVD instead of 2 CDs?
A: DVD media cost more to product. The combined size of the install package on the two CDs does not justify the cost of DVD media.

Q: if we attend the launch at Los Angeles, do we get a copy of MCE2005?

Q: Will non MCe pc's be able to access recorded programmes on MCE PC's

Q: Is Media cenetr 2005 based on windows XP Home or XP Pro edition
A: XP Pro.

Q: Can you give a breakdown of the pc you are using for this demo? Video card, Tuner card(s), Motherboard, etc.
A: Please see the HP website for information on the dmo MCE system.

Q: Can several MCE 2005 PC's operate on the same network enabling recording and playback of more than 2 Tv programmes?

Q: Can we obtain NFR's for our Demo PC's or will MCE2005 be added to the Action Pack?
A: Windows MCE 2005 will be part of the Action Pack for October in the 13 countries where MCE is available (except Japan).

Q: I am a small builder. Can I get a 1 pack of MCE to show my customers before I commit to buying a 3 pack?
A: Only OEM 3 Packs are available.

Q: are the on demand services available in canada?
A: Some functionality is available at this time. More information will be posted on microsoft about this issue.

Q: Is there a 1 pack for mce 2005?
A: OEM 3 Pack would be the smallest package available.

Q: Are media center extenders simply devices connecting to an MCE computer via Remote Desktop?
A: More or less yes - an extender uses RDP to display an extension of the MCE UI from the MCE PC. For more information on the Media Center Extender please visit http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Thoose 13 countries that is supported by mce 2005 do i find the list of them somewhere?
A: US, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Italy, Netherlands, China, Switzerland, Austria, Australia, UK, Canada

Q: Is the digital media feature pack available on the installation CDROMS?
A: No it is a seperate disk that comes with the 3pack.

Q: Where & when will this Q&A and the video from this event be available?
A: Yes. Check back at oem.microsoft.com/mcewebcast in ~24 hours.

Q: Will the XBox extender be available via Retail?

Q: Does MCE2005 support mutible tuner cards?
A: Yes, but they need to be connected to the same type of source

Q: Will MCE Work with SKY Digital Will it also download the listings like tivo and will it alow me to watch 2 programs at the same time
A: Yes, we work with Sky through the STB configuration. We also have an EPG available and allow recording of two TV shows at the same time if you have the proper hardware.

Q: why are there retail and oem media for mce 2005?
A: Windows MCE 2005 is only available via OEM and System Builder Channels; not through retail.

Q: can ifo and vob videos that are part of a video_ts directory be played back from an extender?

Q: Will an extender be able to connect to more than one MCE PC if the end user has more that one in their house?
A: No - a Media Center Extender will be associated with a single Media Center PC that is determined during the setup of the Media Center Extender.

Q: is there an sdk for 3rd party developers

Q: Will MCE work with SKY and alow dual recording?
A: Yes - but you will need two set-top boxes from Sky to work properly

Q: is this going to be made avalibale to regualr xp users
A: MCE is a OEM/System Builder product for preinstallation on new machines. It will not be available as a retail software product.

Q: Why can't I see submitted questions?
A: Answered questions are posted and those that will not get answered today will be posted after 48 hours. Inappropriate questions will not be posted.

Q: what are the part #s for MCE when ordering through distribution?
A: There are different part numbers for different languages. Which language is this? If it's English, the Microsoft part number is: M93-00091 for the 3-pack.

Q: my IE browser can't find http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady
A: try www.microsoft.com/oem

Q: Just clarfiy please, can MCE 2005 connect to a domain? Also, will it run IIS like XP Pro proper?
A: No. MCE cannot connect to a domain. Why would you want to run IIS on it?

Q: whats the microsoft site?
A: www.microsoft.com/oem www.microsoft.com/mediacenter

Q: Does MCE2005 support HDTV Cable and/or satellite?
A: Unfortunately not at this time.

Q: is there any evaluation version of MCE 2005 ?
A: If you order the October ACtion Pack (microsoft.com/partners), MCE is included (in the 12 countries where MCE is available.

Q: When on MSDN subscribers?
A: Soon, the MSDN team has a release schedule

Q: When will there be more TV tuner cars on the approved list?
A: The list is being updated frequently. Please visit oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Is Movielink only available in the US? What about the UK?
A: contact movielink at www.movielink.com

Q: Is getting TV on MCE2005 as simple as plugging a standard ariel into a tuner card?
A: There are several steps needed to get the TV funtioning in MCE. Plugging an available signal is the first step but you will also need to configure the TV signal within MCE itself. This is done by running the TV configuration wizard from within MCE itself.

Q: What marketing materiel is available to the OEM system builder for MCE
A: Please see oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Why isn`t there a DVD-player software included?
A: Because it cost money and people like to choose what they want.

Q: So, did I understand correctly that HD support is just ATSC OTA?
A: Correct

Q: Is Movielink only available in the US? What about the UK?
A: Contact movielink at www.movielink.com

Q: What harddrive did they use in the video to transfer from PC to PC?
A: The equipment they showed was HP, please visi the HP website for more information.

Q: sorry, but I haven't caught if there is a way to get the latest version of MCE 2005?? We are an MS oem system builder, Certified Partner, MSDN. We would like to offer MCE as a system builder and have been testing MCE 2004.
A: MCE 2005 is available from Authorized Distributors in countries where it is available. For internal use, you can order the Action Pack for October.

Q: oem version comes with remote?
A: It can, yes.

Q: will the Xbox extender have a new remote, or will the DVD pack remote be used?
A: some features can be used off the old remote. But a new remote is available

Q: When will MovieLink be available in the UK?
A: contact movielink at www.movielink.com

Q: I am confused you say that MCE would be released in the Action Pack where MCE is distributed, then you say no YES OR NO and why not?
A: Windows MCE 2005 will be available in 13 countries worldwide. In those countries, it will be included as part of the Action Pack. We hope that clarifies this for you. Thanks!

Q: can extender have sepater video input at the tv
A: I am unsure of your question. The Media Center Extender video outputs will vary by manufacturer but should support composite and S-video connection to a TV at a minimum, while most should support component as well.

Q: Can an MCE-PC be used for normal PC purposes like office 2003?
A: Yes, but since it is intended for the living/family room experience you may choose not to do your office work from there.

Q: What is that harddrive they take in/out?
A: Please visit the HP website, as they are the manufacturer of this hardware.

Q: What HD TV Tuner cards are supported by MCE 2005?
A: http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady has a list of suppported hardware

Q: Which quarter will MCE05 be shipped in the Action Pack?
A: It will be in the October 2004 Action Pack in the 13 countries where MCE is available (except Japan).

Q: If someone hacks into your computer and finds out your information and purchases music under your name, is there a way to get reimbursed for the amount?
A: You will need to contact the various partners to find what their policy would be in the situation.

Q: Chinese text support?
A: should be available

Q: According to the OEM information, MCE can be sold with out a TV Tunner
A: Yes, but MCE would be a little useless without a TV tuner.

Q: Will MCE 2005 be available as a free upgrade for MCE 2004, via oem's?
A: Correct

Q: When will the OEM software be available thru distribution?
A: It is available now!

Q: How can one attain a MCE preview pack?
A: MCE 2005 is available for partners via the Microsoft Action Pack subsription in countries where MCE is distributed.

Q: how much will the MCE cost in the Uk
A: Please contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor for pricing information. Thanks!

Q: What are Media Center Extenders?
A: See http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: How much it will cost?
A: It will vary with the hardware. Please check with your distributor for their pricing.

Q: please tell me about video quality improvments - e.g. scaling/descaling and HD
A: You can get detailed informatio if you post this question on the MCE Preinstall newsgroups available to theOEM and system builder channels.

Q: Is there any plan for retail version of MCE 2005 ? I saw the MCE retail suite in Akiba, Japan..
A: There are only OEM versions of MCE available, even in Japan!

Q: Can we post this video replay on our own websites for marketing purposes?
A: No it is not redistributable. However a link can be provided that points to the video on Microsoft's website.

Q: Does MCE support the same features for Radio as it does for TV? For example listening to a fave radio programme on the move.

Q: Is MCE gogin to be available in the Action Pack Subscription?

Q: can you record off internal tv tuner as well as s-video and rca audio inputs from digital cable box, satellite receiver, etc. simultaneously?
A: MCE 2005 only supports up to two TV Tuners that must have identical incoming signals. You cannot have one input coming from your satellite receiver while another input is coming from a cable set top box. If you want to have two incoming signals and both are going through a cable set-top box or satellite receiver, currently you would need to have 2 set-top boxes/satellite receivers.

Q: How easy is it to use directv with MCE?
A: not too difficult if you keep the set top box so that the signal is decoded

Q: If upgrading from 2004 to 2005 will domain support be retained
A: If you are connecting to your domain with MCE 2004 now and upgrade to 2005 this will not be lost. If you disconnect from the domain after upgrading you will not be able to rejoin the domain.

Q: Can I buy a single OEM copy at distributors? Do they come with the remote?
A: You should contact your Microsoft OEM Distributor. They can also sell you the remote control.

Q: once I record a tv show with media center 2005, can I then burn that movie to dvd
A: Yes, you are able to burn a DVD with MCE 2005 that has the proper software (such as Sonic DVd burning software), installed.

Q: is the MCE available in Venezuela?

Q: Is there an upgrade for XP Pro coming out?

Q: what are extenders?
A: Extenders are a hardware solution (or software for the Xbox) that extend the Media Center experience to a TV in a different location from the Media Center PC. For more information please see the Media Center Extender section on http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: Is Windows Movie Maker included in MCE? Is video editable from within the Media Center?
A: MCE is based on Windows XP Pro which includes Movie Maker.

Q: When will the Movie Finder service be available in the UK?

Q: incredible stuff again Microsoft, keep it up! every product and launch i have participated in just amazes me how great Microsoft is, every time. Big success! :huh:
A: Thank you!

Q: Will the necesary hardware components for MCE be available to OEM's much easier?
A: should be

Q: will media center edition support hong kong signal
A: Media Center is currenlty available in China.

Q: Will MCE 2005 Work in the uk with SKY Digital
A: Yes, we will work with sky digital by using their STB.

Q: Will there be a update for MCE 2004 remote to work on 2005 in the future?
A: The MCE 2004 remote should function without issues on MCE 2005

Q: When will drivers for existing decoder cards (Hauppage) become available - or can we use the existing drivers as used in MCE2004?
A: We have the list of supported hardware and drivers available on oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Can I stream my live TV (digital terrestrial TV) on the internet from my Media center
A: No, that is not supported by Media Center.

Q: Set top boxes (at least in Europe) signal aspect ratio switching either with scart pin8 or line 23 WSS. Does MCE support any of these?
A: We do not support WSS at this time.

Q: How many extenders can I run simultaneously?
A: up to 5 sessions at a time.

Q: WILL THE REMOTE CONTROL COME WITH MCE FOR THE ACTION PACK??
A: We do have plans to include the remote control in a future Action Pack.

Q: Approximately when does the Xbox extender be released to retail
A: Before Christmas

Q: Which is the best decoder for the MCE 2005?
A: We do not receommend one decoder over another. Please work with our partners to select your decoder

Q: when will media center extenders be released in germany?
A: German should be available as of today.

Q: Specifically, is the DVICO, Fusion III QAM HDTV card compatible with MCE2005?
A: Please refer to HCL available on oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: if your computer catches fire and you lose your data and purchased albums in a format. do u need to purchase those albums again?
A: You should check the policy with the vendor you downloaded from.

Q: Does the extender (in concept) act like a terminal services session back into the main MCE box?
A: In concept yes

Q: The Programing guide is available to countries outside US?
A: The country-specific programming guide is what each country will see with MCE 2005. For example, if you are in the US, you would only see the US programming guide. But in Canada, you would see the Canadian programming guide.

Q: What is the economic feasibility of MCE in today’s market to the general public over the standard OS
A: Media Center 2005 offers a number of nultimedia features not available in a standard installion of Windows XP. By offering a remote as well, we give users the option of enjoying a 2' experience while in front of their PC as well as a 10' experience when their MCE PC is connected to their TV. Additional features of MCE 2005 can be found at http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: will MCE2005 work well with 56k
A: MCE 2005 primarily uses an internet connection for periodically downloading the Program Guide as well as Online Spotlight. A 56k connection is sufficient for MCE 2005 assuming that you have a good connection (i.e. does Internet Explorer function well from your location).

Q: I am a trainer for a major CTEC in the UK. I shall be delivering courses for OEMs between now and Christmas 2004. I detect a lack of consistency in responses to questions. Will MCE be in the Action Pack? When will extenders be available in the UK?
A: No to action pack Extenders in Europe are no announced at this time

Q: are you able to launch games from MCE?
A: X-Box extenders are available with MCE, so you can play X-box on the new version of MCE.

Q: can you watch tv on 2 tv's at once on separate channels with a media extender?
A: It's one media extender per TV.

Q: can mce be network
A: MCE can be networked, but there is no Domain support

Q: why is there retail and oem media for mce?
A: Windows MCE 2005 is only available for OEMs and System Builders; not in retail. The reason for this is that MCE has hardware driver and component requirements that would make it very challenging to release in the general retail channel.

Q: will MCE have the abilty to igredted to RS232 control products such lighting control ,alarm panels
A: There are several companies that have created MCE add-ins that work with their home automation systems.

Q: Where can we get licensing information for MCE?
A: There is licensing information on www.microsoft.com/oem - in particular http:eek:em.microsoft.comlicensing_main - in fact you can download the actual system builder license here. Did you have a particular licensing question you'd like answered?

Q: I find it odd that there's the option to encode to mp3. Isn't that counter to MS's typical "anti-piracy" measures?
A: Microsoft has licensed the necessary technologies to support mp3 conversion format in Windows Media Player.

Q: Can I copy my Recorded tv programs to dvd throug MCE
A: Yes. They can be copied as dvr-ms files to a DVD and played on other MCE (or WMP with hotfix) machines. If you have the Digitial Media Feature Pack installed which includes a Sonic DVD encoder, you can actually take recorded TV and burn it onto a DVD in a format that your DVD player will recognize.

Q: What is the best software video encoder and decoder for MCE 2005?
A: Please refer to the HCL on oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Will there be a times trial available to OEM for download in the near future?
A: Windows MCE 2005 is part of the Action Pack subscription.

Q: Can you work with 2 people at the same time 1 looking tv and one who want to work with internet with his monitor
A: Yes, this however requires the use of a Media Center Extender device.

Q: Is it possible to build MCE 2005 as Royalty OEM?

Q: Is there a way to extract (for referal) this question and answer pannel when this is over?
A: Yes, please check back in 24 hours. The questions and answers will be posted. Thank you!

Q: Will MCE2005 run on my computer (pentium 1 166MHZ 2MB vid card 16MB ram)
A: You can find the hardware req's at oem.microsoft.commceready

Q: where is listof oem distributors
A: OEM Distributors are listed on the Microsoft OEM System Builder Website. Look under product availability.

Q: do you have to be a certified System Builder to get started building Media Center PCs, or can all OEMs get access to the media center software
A: System Builders can purchase MCE them from Authorized Distributors.

Q: Can I record TV etc. directly onto a memory card in a highly compressed format for replay on my PDA?

Q: Who's the builder of the box used in presentation?
A: HP

Q: What about WHQL Certification Designed for Windows XP Media Center Edition? When will that be available? We are ready to ship our Digtial Home PC (tm)and are waiting for that opportunity to badge our systems.
A: This is currently available. For more information please refer to oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: I was told that mce 2005 can't join domains and this was a change with this version of MCE. Given that, it is not a superset of XP Pro, correct?
A: That's correct, it cannot join a domain.

Q: Why would you suggest that someone upgrade from 2004 to 2005?
A: better tv viewing quality

Q: If you have a current Action Pack subscription, will MCE 2005 be coming in a future update?
A: Yes, in the October 2004 Action Pack, but only in the 13 countries where MCE is available.

Q: Will there be a "corporate" version, for IT professionals?
A: MCE is aimed for the Home entertain market. For the living/family room. Why would a corporate IT professional need it at work?

Q: Do Media Center extenders work only for MCE 2005, or can it work with MCE 2004 too?
A: The Extenders only work with MCE 2005

Q: Why is the MyMovies feature not available in the uk version
A: Are you referring to My Videos instead? My Videos should be present in the U.K. version of MCE 2005.

Q: Van I connect my computer to my enretainment center and cable system and use it as a tvo?

Q: What is the output of HDTV via a MEDIA EXTENDER DEVICE?
A: We currently support 480p output with the extenders.

Q: What is not included in MCE 2005 that is included in XP Pro?
A: Other than the ability to join a domain MCE 2005 should have all of the same features as that of XP Pro.

Q: What is the initial suggested retail value of Winows MCE and all necessary hardware?
A: MCE and the hardware components are sold via distribution. Please contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor for pricing. Thanks!

Q: I am a system builder. How can I aquire a copy of MCE 2005 to test?
A: One way is to subscribe to the Action Pack. If MCE is distributed in your country, you should receive it in the action pack.

Q: why the epg is not complete for germany (on some channels comes "no data avialble"). for some months this works fine. would this repair in the future?
A: When this happens and we are notified, we notify the EPG provider to correct this issue. A link should be available for this type of report on www.microsoft.com/MediaCenter

Q: Is installing MCE2005 on a computer similar to installing XP?

Q: How much s the HP MCE System being displayed?
A: Please refer to the HP website for more information regarding HP hardware, availability and pricing.

Q: can consumers varify oem builder certificates
A: http://www.microsoft.com/oem

Q: does the TV come with the purchase of MCE2005?
A: No ... sorry! :)

Q: when will this be available in the UK?
A: It should be available now in the UK from authorized OEM distributers.

Q: If MCE2005 is the Flagship of all Windows XP versions, than why won't MS sell it retail?.
A: There are rigid hardware driver and dependencies that would make this very challenging to release in the normal retail channel. That is why this is available via OEMs/System Builders only.

Q: Can you create a custom channel to record a live event (birthday party or conference)?

Q: why are their retail and oem media for mce 2005?
A: MCE is OEM/System Builder only. There is no retail.

Q: How much does an action pack cost to oem system builders??
A: The cost depends on the country where you are located. If you go to microsoft.com/partner, you can get ordering/cost information.

Q: Why not on MSDN today. Please support your developers. WE pay $1500 + for Universal subscription and I cannot start developing for MCE 2005 today. That is wrong!
A: it'll be available at a later date

Q: It appeared that WMC was only made available to very large OEM's in the past. Will this version be available to smaller niche OEM's using components from HCL?
A: MCE is available to all System Builders now.

Q: When will MCE be available for the Norwegian market?
A: We cannot discuss future product plans and availability at this time.

Q: so as a oem bulider we will be able to build our own and load the os
A: MCE will be available throught the system builder channel - so yes!

Q: Will there ever be a home version available for MCE?
A: MCE is only available on Windows XP Pro

Q: Will there be an upgrade edition for those customers who would like to upgrade from a previous version of MCE?
A: if your oem has the upgrade available.

Q: in the program guide, can you go into the past to view previous schedules?

Q: will there be an SDK available for MCE 2005?
A: Yes. We have a new SDK for MCE 2005.

Q: will the TV guide work in the UK?

Q: Do you know the hardware specs of the PC used in the demo (ATI or Nvidia cards)?
A: For hardware specification on the demo PC please refer to the HP website.

Q: When will MS release the new Energy bliss Theme for all Windows XP users?.
A: No. That theme is only for MCE.

Q: How can I make sure that the October shipment of my Action Pack Subscription will contain MCE 2005???
A: If you are subscribing from a country where MCE is distributed (excl Japan), you can find the MCE 20035 in the October shipment of the Action Pack. It should be in the same set as the Microsoft software CDs.

Q: Where can we buy the new remotes?
A: From an Authorized OEM Disributor in your area.

Q: Can commercials be skipped on pre-recorded shows?

Q: When will MS MCE website be updated with 2005?
A: it is updated at this time

Q: If MCE2005 includes the same security updates as windows xp pro, that would make it insecure correct?
A: It is based on Windows XP Pro SP2 which includes many Security updates.

Q: Are there any plans or possibilities to make MCE compatible with quicktime formats?
A: No. Quicktime is Apple's proprietary format.

Q: Will there be a free limited time evaluation version of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005?
A: yes at a later date

Q: Will it matter what service pack you currently have on your computer for MCE 2005 to run?
A: MCE 2005 is based upon XP SP2.

Q: Will MCE be useable with HDTV and TIVO?
A: MCE 2005 will support OTA digital TV. As for working with TiVo, MCEreplaces the TiVo funtionality.

Q: Can dvd's be ripped from recorded video content on the hard drive?
A: We do not support this.

Q: the DVD writer in the media centre , is it a + or - writer
A: The DVD writer on MCE systems is specified by the system manufacture.

Q: Is there virus protection included with MCE2005?
A: It is not included.

Q: What are the possibilities for connecting a dish so I can replace my satellite-tuner?
A: you have to use the set top box that comes with your dish

Q: Sorry it's a repeat (closed a window) Can an MCE 2k4 PC be upgraded to MCE 2k5??
A: yes if the manufacture gives you this option

Q: Why did you remove domain support in MCE2005?
A: for the media center extenders to work correctly fast user switching is needed

Q: can you use a free to air satellite card??

Q: Can it support more than 2 tuners?
A: We currently supprt two analog tuners and also a single ATSC tuner for a total of 3 TV tuners.

Q: Can Microsoft Partners order only the pack to build and test their own machine?
A: If you order the Microsoft Action Pack for October 2004 (in the 12 countries where Windows MCE 2005 is available), you will receive an NFR copy of this software. Go to microsoft.com/partner to order the Action Pack.

Q: Can you burn recorded TV to DVD with the new burning technology incorporated into MCE 2005?

Q: Will MCE 2005 be available as a retail product?
A: No. MCE is a OEM/System Builder product only.

Q: What about regular extenders? Do those support 16x9 format?
A: The extenders do not support 16x9 at this time.

Q: Is there a number or email we can contact if we have questions after the seminar?
A: refer to our online communities newsgroups

Q: Do I still need a DVD decoder to watch TV?
A: You need a DVD decoder to watch DVDs. You need a TV tuner to watch TV.

Q: Does the unit require internet access?

Q: When will MCE2005 be available via MSDN download?
A: Soon!

Q: What are the main differences between MCE 2005 and XP Pro SP2?
A: the ability to record, playback live tv.

Q: Does the xbox extender support 16x9 format?

Q: When will MCE 2005 appear on msdn?
A: not at this time but soon

Q: What is the recommended software decoder engine for MCE. We have been having difficulty with powerdvd. WinDVD 6 seems to work.
A: Please see the compatability list available on oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Does MCE2005 support Intel EM64T extensions - or does it just run in 32 bit modes.
A: It only runs 32bit

Q: Is there any planned time yet for MSDN launch?

Q: Why was domain support removed?
A: MCE is aimed for the home/end-user. Why would someone using a MCE computer in their living/family room need to log into a domain?

Q: When will MCE 2005 be available on MSDN?
A: soon

Q: is it just software?
A: and a whole lot more

Q: do I need a new remote to run media center 2005 if I already have 2004 remote from HP?
A: not all functions will be available and the remote will be alot slower.

Q: Why has domain support been removed?
A: Because the media center extender requires fast user switching.

Q: What will be the RRP of MCE 2005?
A: You will need to contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor for pricing. Thanks.

Q: Is there support for Dual HDTV PVR's right now?

Q: Will current action pack subscribers receive wmc in a quarterly shipment?
A: Yes!

Q: where can i get the OPK tools from?
A: OPK tools ship in the 3-pack of Windows Media Center 2005 that you can order from your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor (the list is at http://oem.microsoft.com).

Q: "Yes but domain support has been removed. " So this means it's basically WinXP Home??
A: No, it is still XP Pro. There is more to XP Pro then just the ability to log into a domain.

Q: Has the performance improved for accessing large MP3 libraries (over 30K files)
A: Yes. That was one of the design features over 2004, improved performance.

Q: When MCE comes in the action pack will the remote control come with it?

Q: Where can I get information on MCE 2005 licensing?
A: Please see www.microsoft.com/oem. The system builder licensing requirements/agreement are the same for MCE as with other System Builder software.

Q: Will MCE 2004 harware be compatible with MCE 2005?

Q: Will offer a feature in the future for recoding the radio to mp3?
A: not being implemented at this time

Q: Can substitute a different software DVD player instead of the standard player?
A: I am unsure of your question. The UI inside of MCE 2005 for playing DVDs cannot be changed. If you are referring to the MPEG2 encoder software you can choose as to which company you license the technology from.

Q: Will you be able to add thumbnail images to videos (similar to album covers)?
A: In 2005 the videos are shown as thumbnails.

Q: Will there be a NFR version of MCE available to System builders not subscribed to action pack?
A: No NFR

Q: So if customers upgrade from 2004 to 2005, their 2004 remotes will not work?
A: they do work but works very slow.

Q: Will system builders be able to buy single licenses of MCE 2005 or will they be forced to buy 3 licenses at a time.
A: MCE is only available in OEM three packs.

Q: Is Media Center 2005 compatible with the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250?
A: yes it is supported with the WinTV PVR-250-MCE

Q: Why did you not make the on and off button and the windows button in one button?
A: Because that was too confusing to some users and made it too easy for people to accidently turn on/off when they didn't intend to.

Q: Will the videocard and remote controll being sold as a seperate product?
A: They are seperate products.

Q: Explain the Digital Media Feature Pack?
A: It exhances the Media Center experience. What more do you wish to know? Most information is at oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: If MCE will be available in the Action Pack...will the Remote Control come with it?

Q: what normal supply chain will be able to buy
A: Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is available to OEMs and System Builders. For System Builders, please contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor to order.

Q: IF xbox extender is used, does this not offer the DVD option?
A: Xbox can already play DVDs without the extender.

Q: Can MCE 2k4 PC's be upgraded to MCE 2k5??
A: Yes, you will need to contact the OEM that supplied your MCE 2004 to see if they will be offering the upgrade.

Q: Can it be installed on top of XP home?
A: No. MCE is not a seperate software package.

Q: Are there any other OEMs that are going to provide extenders?
A: The extenders are being offered by HP and Linksys at this time.

Q: Where can I get licensing information for Media Center Edition 2005?
A: On www.microsoft.com/oem under "licensing and anti-piracy" flyout. MCE licensing is the same as other system builder licensing.

Q: Can you have two different seperate tv card such as ATI and Hauppauge or do you have to have a card that has dual tunners built in for the TV to work?
A: you can have two different tuners in the card.

Q: so we can go on line today and get the upgrade to 2005
A: if your oem has it available for download.

Q: When will MCE 2005 and the Digital Media Pack be available through MSDN?
A: Soon

Q: Any timeframe or info on the MCE 2005 release to MSDN?

Q: Will the xbox extender be priced the same as the other extenders?
A: Pricing will be annouced soon

Q: Did MCE support Arabic?
A: No not at this time.

Q: Can you buy the remote controle without MCE?

Q: will you be able to view downloaded movies from CinemaNow etc from the media extenders?

Q: Can recordings be scheduled through extenders, specifically the Xbox extender?
A: yes through the extenders or the main machine.

Q: when will the XBox extender be released?
A: The announcement regarding Xbox extender availability will be posted on microsoft.com.

Q: Can Windows XP Pro be upgraded to Windows XP MCE?
A: no

Q: Will Home Automation features be available in this release?
A: Home Automation companies have made MCE modules that work in the 10 foot ui.

Q: When will MCE 2005 come onto MSDN?

Q: Is there an upgrade version available for MCE 2005?
A: Through the Sytem Builder channel - no.

Q: What's the meain difference between MCE and normal XP editions?
A: the ability to play live TV, record Live TV....

Q: will MCE have the abitly to hold dvd movies on hard drive

Q: so Media Center 2005 supports the ATI HDTV Wonder card?
A: You can check on oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: can the average cusomer buy MCE 05? or do they have buyit from a manufactur
A: OEM or system builder only.

Q: Is a Video Capture Card REQUIRED to install and run MCE 2005?
A: no it is not - however you will not get Live TV options.

Q: Will MCE 2005 be available as an update, if we already have MCE 2004?
A: You will need to go back for the original OEM that supplied your MCE 2004 system for an upgrade.

Q: Will these question be listed online later on so that we can go back to them?
A: Yes, it will be posted on www.microsoft.com/oem after 24 hours

Q: I thought the MCS 2005 was only going to be available via OEM channels. From the Q&A you seem to indicate it will be available to the general public off-the-shelf. Is that true???
A: MCE is not available off the shelf.

Q: When will MCE 2005 Be available to SUBSCRIBERS on MSDN?
A: Yes, soon

Q: Is Italian edition released?
A: Yes! Please contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor.

Q: I have DirecTV satellite service w/TIVO. How do I integrate MCE2005 in my living room without losing my satellite receiver since it's integrated?
A: you will utilize the IR emitter to change the channels on the satellite set top box

Q: what is the extender for the xbox?
A: For information on Media Center Extenders please visit http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready and read the Media Center Extender Resource Kit document.

Q: What is the quality like when you use normal applications via a tv as oppose to computer monitor?
A: depends on the connection to the TV and at what resolution

Q: Will MCE be available to OEM System Builders who are Action Pack Subscribers as well?
A: Yes! In 12 of the 13 countries where MCE Is shipping (all but Japan).

Q: What is the price range for the Media Center Extender?
A: Please contact your Authorized OEM Disributor for more details on this specific Hardware device.

Q: Is the Dutch edition also already released?

Q: Do DVD DRIVERS come with MCE 2005?
A: We have worked with several companies to provide DVD decoders that work with MCE. The system builder has the option to choose which decoder they install on their MCE systems.

Q: Where can I get licensing information for MCE?
A: http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEready

Q: I had a customer ask about using an ATI HDTV Wonder to access HD content from DirecTV. Will this be possible or is the HD compatibility limited to OTA broadcast.
A: We only support OTA digital broadcasts at this time.

Q: I HAVE AN HP MCE 2004. CAN I DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS SOMEWHERE SO I CAN GET MY HARDWARE WORKING?
A: You will need to go back to HP for the drivers.

Q: Is there a new opk for mce2005?

Q: Why does windows xp cd after recieving service pack 2 not allow you to repair windows. It says you have a newer version. you can only reformat.
A: This is outside the scope of this presentation

Q: Will MCE 2005 be published to MSDN for subscribers?
A: at a later date

Q: Can you use normal software with the MCE ie office suites etc?

Q: What is MOSB and where can I find the recorded webcast?
A: Microsoft OEM System Builders webstie. oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Will MCE work with older Smartphone products like the Samsung i600 and the Motorolo MPx200?
A: Unfortunately no.

Q: Is that phone available through other carriers or only AT&T?
A: AT & T at this time.

Q: What is with the German edition. Lunchday?
A: German-language MCE 2005 has released, so please contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor for local availability. Thank you!

Q: Will these Q&As be available later on for download? Thanks

Q: What's the name of that HP box they're using that includes a whole media center PC?
A: HP Digital Entertainment Center is one of them. For more models that will ship with MCE 2005 please visit HP's website.

Q: Will the Windows Mobile 10 be available for the smartphone (eg SPV e200)?
A: Please refer to www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia for announcements and supportd hardware.

Q: if you recieved a sp2 cd a month early will you be able to download mce2005 at no charge

Q: can MCE be installed on any computer?
A: As long as it meets the system requirements.

Q: What all are planned to be introduced today and is there any certain order?
A: We are seeing Bill Gates now and will then move on to the specific System Builder presentation following Bill.

Q: Can MCE 2005 be installed on clone PCs or proprietary only?
A: MCE can be installed on clone PCs that meet the MCE 2005 minimum hardware requirements that can be found on http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: will this stream be available on DVD or on the site later?
A: It should be

Q: Will this work with NTL digital TV in England?
A: It should

Q: Will future versions of MCE come with a RF remote as opposed to IR?
A: That depends on the hardware vendor.

Q: does the UK support HDTV?
A: We do not support ATSC in the U.K. at this time with MCE 2005

Q: When will MCE be able to playback other file formats properly, eg: DIVX?
A: There are currently no plans to support third-party formats.

Q: will this webcast be available for downlaod later?
A: this system launch will be

Q: When will MCE2005, the OPK and new Microsoft reference hardware be available to OEM's, and through what channels (Microsoft, Distributors, etc.)
A: MCE 2005 is available now in most of the 13 countries where it will be shipping.

Q: Is a trial version online for download?
A: We currently do not have a trial available for download. We are planning on having one available in the near future.

Q: Any firm release date/price for the Xbox extender in the US?
A: There are no firm dates at this time.

Q: Can MC Extender units imported from the US be used in the UK?
A: possible

Q: I thought this was about Media Center edition 2005
A: It is about it and all the new features.

Q: When will the "Movies" part of the guide be available in the UK?
A: soon

Q: How would system builders go about getting evaluation/trial media?
A: it will be available through the partners site at a later date.

Q: As someone who uses Windows XP Pro, im a computer enthusiast, always messing around - would MCE be for me? Ie can you still install regular apps, antivirus, firewalls - basically still being able to do everything Windows XP Pro can?
A: Yes, MCE is a member of the Windows XP family so supports normal Windows based applications.

Q: Does MCE 2K5 support logon to domains like XP Pro, what about workgroups lareger then 5 users?
A: MCE does not support Domains.

Q: Will the output from an OTA HDTV recorded television broadcast be able to be played back from a media extender somewhere else in the home?

Q: can i connect an mce 2005 to an 2003 domain at a later time?
A: MCE 2005 does not support Domains.

Q: Does MCE 2005 support DVB-S?
A: MCE does not currently support DVB-S

Q: Who is queen latifa?
A: She is an actress and singer that has been in such movies as Bringing Down the House and Taxi.

Q: Will Microsoft be approaching major Cable and Satellite content providers to have them supply PC friendly devices (Cards/Interface options) to allow their digital content to be available to a Media Center PC?
A: There is no information available at this time.

Q: Does the Xbox Extender allow DVD playback through the Xbox console through the MCE interface?

Q: when will the xbox extender service be available? what ports will i need to open in my firewall to allow this to work?
A: This is coming soon so please stay tuned.

Q: Are there any compatability issues with hardware?
A: You can find all compatable hardware for MCE at the following URL: http://oem.microsoft.commceready

Q: How is MCE 2005 packaged? ie: 3 packs / WinPE CD
A: 3 pack through authorized distribution where available

Q: I'm trying to get a Hauppauge PVR250 48015 (non MCE) working with MCE 2005 OEM. I've tried every driver I can find, followed the instructions and tried several different MPEG 2 decoders including Win DVD 6 Platinum. I've used the Media Player Encoder util to confirm that it's MP10 compatible. I get the same 'Decoder Error' everytime: 'The video decoder has either malfunctioned or is not installed. Please restart Media Center and/or the computer.' Has anyone managed to get this particular model working or is it just the MCE specific cards that work at the moment? Any ideas? This has been driving me crazy. It works in MCE 2004 fine.
A: contact Manufacturer and get the newest drivers. Also you will need to get the decoder.

Q: What is the big difference between MCE2005 and XP Home Edition?
A: They are different products. Please visit www.microsoft.com/mediacenter

Q: The remote controle can be bought separately?

Q: are there plans to include MCE 2005 in the MAPS package?
A: MCE 2005 is included in the Fall MAPS package in countries where MCE is distributed

Q: Can DVD quality video be watched by an MCE Extender over Wireless-G?
A: As long as it is part of your my videos

Q: Where can I get more info on these Windows Media devices?
A: from the microsoft site.

Q: is necessary to have the 2005 remote, or the 2004 version does the job too ?
A: The MCE 2004 remote will also work with MCE 2005

Q: I don't see / hear anything. Do I need media player 9 to view this?
A: WMP10

Q: Will these questions be posted later online so that we can go back to them?
A: Yes, they will Thanks!

Q: When will matt davis and cleves kingston be appearing
A: YES!!!!

Q: what will it cost oem system builders for this?
A: refer to oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: When will the Xbox extender be available? price?
A: Soon, pricing will be announced

Q: is the remote bluetooth capable

Q: What exactly is included in the action pack?
A: Microsoft software such as Windows, Office, Server products and partner marketing guides. More information on: http://members.microsoft.com/partner/sales...ck/default.aspx

Q: Does MCE2005 support satellite?
A: yes.

Q: Will mce support ripping DVD's so recordings on the hard drive can be stored?

Q: Will Smart-Home or Intellgent-Home features be Integratible & Available with Digital Entertainment Anywhere RELEASE! ???
A: Yes. There are partners that have created MCE ten foot UI applications for smart homes.

Q: is the software closer to Windows XP home or pro?
A: It is based on Windows XP Pro SP2

Q: Is DVB supported straight 'out of the box' for UK MCE customers?
A: Yes, we suport DVB-T outof the box if a valid card and driver are installed. For a complete list of supported hardware please see http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: regarding the evaluation version that will be available in coming months, how would we go about getting it?
A: Please visit www.microsoft.com/oem for an upcoming announcement

Q: When will the extender devices be released in europe ?
A: soon.

Q: Will MCE2005 support HDTV via standard firewire connections?
A: MCE2005 will support OTA Over the air HDTV only

Q: does mce 2005 support DVB-S cards?

Q: Please clarify: will MCE be available through the Action Pack? I detect conflicting responses
A: Yes, in the 13 countries where it is available (except Japan).

Q: Does the media center extenders which are to be released today included the Xbox extender?
A: yes that is correct.

Q: when will media center extenders be released in the United Kingdom?

Q: when will media center extenders be released in the uk?
A: We cannot discuss future product plans at this time.

Q: What about the xbox extender, when will that be available?
A: Xbox extender should be available by the holidays 2004.

Q: when will mce be released for the action pack

Q: Where can I get licensing information for MCE?
A: Please see www.microsoft.com/oem - "licensing and anti-piracy" flyout.

Q: Will the hapuage pvr-500 be supported
A: Yes it will be.

Q: I noticed a animated sky visualization in Windows Media Player 10 - Is it currently available in the released version for Windows XP Profesional?
A: it was part of our presentation.

Q: What are Media Center extenders?
A: For information on Media Center Extenders please visit http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready and read the Media Center Extender Resource Kit document.

Q: J from Bath, UK. Is the hardware of previous version still compatible without new drivers?
A: Yes but without new drivers you will see no increase in quality.

Q: Will the 2005 upgrade be available on the MSDN site. If yes, when?

Q: US customers can rent movies on MCE, is there support for UK users pre-programmed?
A: That is up to our 3rd part partners. Please visit online spotlight

Q: will songs ever become better than the sub-standard 128k?
A: yes CDs are up to 320

Q: I used to have MCE 2004 on my PC working ok with an ATI Radeon 9200 SE and WinDVD 6 platinum. Since I installed the MCE 2005 I get an error saying "The video decoder has either malfunctioned or is not installed. Please restart Media Center and/or the computer." Have you got any clues why?
A: Sorry for support please visit www.microsoft.com/oem and visit the newsgroups

Q: How does MCE handles Satellite-television? How does Windows handle the decoding?
A: through the satelite STB.

Q: i have printing industry clients interested in MCE but want to know it better so I trust you will include it in the action packs very soon?
A: Yes, MCE will be in the Action Pack in the countries where MCE is shipping (except Japan). Thanks.

Q: When will the development SDK be available for XP MCE 2005
A: Yes it should be avaialble now at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....reditionsdk.asp

Q: You said MCE is built on Windows XP -- However, the oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady site says MCE 2005 is built on Windows XP* and does not have the ability to login to a domain like Windows XP -- What gives? (who is right)!?
A: that is right you cannot connect to a domain.

Q: Is a TV tuner card required for running media center 2005?

Q: How is possible upgrade 2204 mce to 2005 mce?
A: Yes. MCE 2004 to MCE 2005 is a supported upgrade path.

Q: what new functionalities will MCE2005 have ?
A: This is being discussed in the presentation. Watch the show!

Q: Will there be any instant-on capabilities for CE functions? (similar to Intervideo, I think it is?) thanks
A: Media Center Extenders are CE based and support instant on

Q: Will MCE be available in other languages, or only in English?
A: It is available in a number of different languages. For a full list of supported languages please visit http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: Will the latest MCE OS be available without OEM Bundle? I'm in India, and i suppose thats the only way I can have this!
A: Via OEM only. Or become a system builder

Q: Is Media Center 2005 compatible with the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250?

Q: Does MS plan on supporting terrestrial HDTV in the future?

Q: how about a version for windows98 alot of people use this software still. because they are use to using it.
A: We do not have any plans for releaseing a version based upon Windows 98.

Q: When and where will the upgrades be available?
A: via oem's only

Q: Is it possible to buy one of those nice plasma screens behind Bill for my PC?
A: Contact HP on the availability of the plasma screen.

Q: Has the webcast started yet? im still getting a black screen..
A: the presentation has started - please try to reload the presentation

Q: Will the next update to the Action pack include MCE 05?

Q: What's an action pack?
A: The action pack is a compilation of Microsoft software and marketing guides that are available for subsciption to members of the Microsoft Partner Program. The action pack is shipped and refreshed with the latest Microsoft software every quarter.

Q: I hear cleves kingston will be on when?
A: After the Bill Gate presentation

Q: Will the MC be able to network and share among computers?
A: Yes but the computer can not be part of a domain.

Q: Can a MCE be built in a regular CPU case. As I were to build my own PC.
A: If you were a system builder then yes.

Q: Does MCE 2005 provide more options for aspect ratios within MY TV? (e.g. 16:9, stretch, cinema, etc.)
A: Yes we have many options around 16x9

Q: How good is the video quality?
A: Video quality is great!

Q: Is it safe/legal to share downloaded content wireless between MCE extenders?

Q: When will the Australian EPG guide be ready for use with MCE 2005?
A: Microsoft is working with our partners to get the EPG up and going for Australia and will post more information when it is available.

Q: Are the black MCE remotes we received in the MCE preview pack MCE 2005 compatable and programmable?
A: Compatible, yes. Programmable, no.

Q: Hello, where can I get more information on licensing for MCE?
A: Check out the MOSB licensing site at http:eek:em.microsoft.comlicensing_main. The same license requirements apply to MCE as to other System Builder product

Q: How can a user, such as myself, even consider MCE when my cable company requires the use of their cable boxes? That's a huge issue here in the NYC area.
A: With the IR Blaster you can use any STB.

Q: How much will computers that come preloaded with MCE2005 prices range?
A: The prices will vary from OEM to OEM and can range anywhere from a low end MCE machine for under $1000 to high end systems that will run $2000 - $3000 depending on the features and included hardware.

Q: Will MCE2005 support PPV Guide listings on satellite (DirectTV in particular)?
A: We are working to include PPV data in the Guide.

Q: Are OEM system builders permitted to sell Media Center 2005 without a PC, but with a "significant piece of hardware", as other vendors have done in the past?
A: Yes, MCE can be distributed to another system builder with a "non-peripheral hardware component" just as you can with Windows XP.

Q: Is there an intention to provide dual tuner w/ separate sources?
A: Not supported at this time.

Q: Will media center 2005 be included with action pack?
A: Yes!! It will be part of the Action Pack for the countries where MCE is available.

Q: Is there a hardware device that will decode directv, or do you have to use an existing DirecTV receiver?
A: Currently you will have to use an existing DirectTV receiver as there are not any tuner cards with built in satellite decoders.

Q: Are more TV Tuners supported in MCE 2005 than in prior versions?

Q: Will Extender products be released in the UK soon?

Q: What is the exact url/link to this streaming media so I can view it in other media players?
A: Please visit www.microsoft.com/oem

Q: will it work with canadian satelite services?

Q: Will the downloadable webcast be on the MCE2005 site? When will it be uploaded?
A: For system builders, you can find it after 24 hours on www.microsoft.com/oem

Q: windows media center is available in italy?
A: Yes it'll be available.

Q: What are the benefits of upgrading to MCE 2005 from MCE 2004?
A: There is a full list available at http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady and also at http://www.microsot.com/MediaCenter. The biggest difference people will notice is that we support dual TV tuners and with the update that is available on Windows Update, we support Digital T that is broadcast over the air.

Q: when will the xbox extender software be available in the us?
A: It should be available by the holidays.

Q: Does MCE 2005 have Windows XP Pro features?
A: MCE 2005 does not support joining a domain. MCE 2004 users that are connected to a domain that upgrade to 2005 will still be joined to the domain however.

Q: Hi Will the Systembuilder Roadshow include most of the information we see here today, excepting the keynote!
A: Yes it will. Plus more exciting info.

Q: Will XP MCE OS media ever be available to the public for purchase?

Q: Will extenders work with non microsoft codecs such as divx or xvid?

Q: Do you know when the webcast will be available for download?
A: Yes - this presentation will be made available a day or so after this event. It will be posted to the Microsoft OEM System Builder Website.

Q: how should we contact on nvidia to get decoder 4.00.29
A: the nvidia decoder should be available at the NVidia website for purchase. For asistance with this you may need to contact your supplier for nVidia hardware and software.

Q: Hi from Holland, when will the MCE extenders be available?
A: As of today.

Q: When will Media Center Extenders be released in Europe?

Q: Will the download be available on this site or on the Microsoft site?
A: MCE can be purchased through your vendor. It cannot be downloaded.

Q: Will MCE have any new technologies involving "install on demand" software via websites. This is the most frustrating thing I see from my customers.
A: Our 3rd party partner may implement this independantly

Q: is the webcast going to be archived so i can watch it later?
A: Yes, it will be on this web site by tomorrow for our viewing. Thanks

Q: where can we download this webcast later???
A: www.microsoft.com/oem/

Q: Can i upgrade from XP Home/Pro to MCE2005 without having to do a full reinstall?
A: MCE does not support upgrading over existing versions of Windows XP.

Q: Where can the remote control be purchased, and on what hardware does it works?
A: Microsoft makes a great remote control for MCE! YOu can find all the information on it and the other hardware components at: oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: What happens if you accidently click purchase?
A: You buy it.

Q: is there any way to record this webcast or download it later?
A: It is being recorded and will be posted on the Microsoft OEM website

Q: The suggested audio cards require specific speaker systems like the SB audigy 2 zs. are there any recommended audio cards the interface with home theatre systems? such as fiber connections, or coaxial?
A: For a omplete list of supported hardware please see the HCL at http://oem.microsot.com/MCEReady

Q: will the us version of the xbox extender work with the europe version of xbox and xp mce?

Q: is there a timed trial available anywhere for download? if yes, is there a URL?

Q: what was that clouds visualization that was shown in media player 10?
A: part of our presentation.

Q: Is there a 120-day trial of MCE for download? If yes, where can it be downloaded from (URL please).

Q: Is MSN MUSIC go LIVE today out of BETA?
A: yes. it is available.

Q: Which TV tuners will MCE2005 support out of the box? Same models as 2004 or more? What about software encoders like Ati's TV-Wonder VE series?
A: Please visit http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready for more information on suppported hardware for MCE 2005.

Q: Will it be available to retail customers who wish to upgrade computers etc
A: Only through OEMs. No retail products at this time.

Q: How much?
A: MCE is sold through authorized Microsoft OEM Distributors. Please contact your distributor for pricing. Thanks!

Q: Is there a new theme in Windows Media Center Edition 2005?
A: Yes Royale, It's cool

Q: Have the Minimum System Requirements changed with the new version of MCE?
A: Slightly. Please see oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: when will media center extenders be released in the UK?
A: soon.

Q: Is this launch only for System Builders or the general public also?
A: System Builder launch

Q: Where can i watch the webcast?
A: This webcast will be made available within a couple days on the Microsoft OEM System Buider website.

Q: I heard Windows XP Media Center is a superset of Windows XP "PRO"? Is that true, or is it based on the "HOME" version of Windows XP which has limitations with network security?
A: It is based on XP Pro not XP Home

Q: MSDN subscribers can download MCE2005 and install it over Win XP or will there be a cetain requirement?
A: MCE 2005 does not upgrade over Windows XP. For other requirments please refer to the MSDN documentation.

Q: Will there be any way to update extenders as new encoding codecs come available?

Q: Will we be able to catch the webcast at a later time?
A: Later Today or early tomorrow.

Q: will the OEM site be offering any MCE marketing goodies for shops?
A: It depends on the local Microsoft subsidiaries.

Q: Will Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 still be based on Windows XP Professional like previous versions?
A: Yes definately.

Q: I am a system Builder. Can I offer MCE on our systems?

Q: will there be an update for 2004?
A: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is considered the update to MCE 2004 as it is an upgrade path. Windows XP SP2 is also considered an update to MCE 2004 as it will install all of the patches available to MCE 2004 at the time of the release of SP2.

Q: will the us-version of the xbox media center extender work together with the european version of the xbox?
A: No this will not function due to technical reasons. The US version is designed for NTSC while Europe uses PAL, SECAM and DVB-T for TV broadcasts.

Q: Hauppauge recently announced the PVR-500, a dual tuner TV card with hardware MPEG decoding/encoding. Is this card MCE 2k5 compatible, and better yet will it allow PIP or just background recording of one channel while simultaneously viewing another? -James Kelleher
A: At this time PIP is not supported in MCE.

Q: I have MSDN suscription, when can I dowload it to try?
A: Not at this time. But at a later date.

Q: I've been searching distributors for NVDVD 4 bundled with cards. Can you give more details of nVidia or ATI models.
A: Have you tried contacting one of the authorized Microsoft OEM distributors? They are listed on http://oem.microsoft.com. You can also find more info about the hardware compatibility at oem.microsoft.com/mceready.

Q: Are the ATI HDTV Wonder drivers still coming out?
A: They are still coming out. No ETA.

Q: Any idea when televisions with MCE Extender capability will release?
A: available today

Q: What is the timeframe for the next quarterly Action Pack Update to be released? (This seems to be a PERFECT opportunity to subscribe)
A: The action pack is refreshed at the start of each quarter - October, January, etc.

Q: Can you explain the ATI hardware bundles for MCE 2005. I saw a distributor add that listed ATI's "TV Wonder VE" TV tuner -- but specs show that's for Windows XP (it looks like "E-Home Wonder" is the ATI TV tuner card for MCE 2004. Have they changed for MCE 2005?
A: The should have. Please visit ATI's site for more info

Q: do you know what the retail price is go to be for mce
A: Please contact an OEM Authorized Distributor for availability and/or pricing.

Q: The hardware can be bought separately?

Q: is there a download for trial version
A: A trial is currently unavailable at this time but we are working to make one available in the near future.

Q: will MCE 2005 Include XPSP2

Q: Will there be a hardware compatibility list for MCE 2005? Also, will MCE ever be available for retail purchase, without having to purchase a pre-built system?
A: Yes there is a coming HCL, As for reatil, nothing has been announced

Q: Is MCE 2005 still based on Windows XP Professional?

Q: what performance specs(hardware) are required to run v smoothly
A: Please visit www.microsoft.com/oem and look at the Windows Media Center Addendum document

Q: Any plans to ship MCE 2005 to new countries?
A: Yes - the new countries that are now supported in MCE 2005 are Netherlands, Australia, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland.

Q: When will MCE 2005 come onto msdn?
A: eventually

Q: Will MCE 2005 be in the October Action Pack? (I hope)

Q: wat's the emphasis of MCE ? would security be one of it ?
A: MCE 2005 is basd on Windows XP Pro SP2 and includes all the same Security updates.

Q: Any chance we will see MCE 2005 in the action pak?
A: Yes! You can get MCE in the Action Pack for the countries where MCE is available (except Japan).

Q: More and more people have domain setup in their home. Why was domain logon taken away?
A: to make it so OEMS wouldn't buy this instead of buying XP Pro.

Q: Can users still have to logon with a user name & password with a system running Windows MCE2005?

Q: I see that HDTV cards are supported in MCE 2005 on the microsoft.com site. Which cards are supported?
A: ATI Wonder in ATSC

Q: With multiple tuner support can you choose which tuner you want to use to watch tv?

Q: Will MCE 2005 integrate with Windows Media Connect? (will that be announced today too?)
A: MCE works independently from Windows Media Connect

Q: Onlight Spotlight was very limited in Europe with MCE 2004 has this been expanded in MCE 2005?
A: Yes you should see some excellent growth

Q: does MCE 2005 supports HDTV
A: MCE 2005 will support ATSC (over the air HD) in the U.S. only after installing the Update 1 for MCE 2005 which is available from Windows Update site.

Q: some people love windows 98 still will you make a version for it.
A: There is no MCE edition for Windows 98.

Q: Will OEM's be able to sell MCE over-the-counter with "key hardware" or only preinstalled on preconfigured PC's
A: Yes the MCE requirements are the same as with regular desktop operating systems which allow distribution with non-peripheral computer hardware - however, you should note that the system builder who installs the software is responsible for support of that software. Please see the licensing section at www.microsoft.com/oem for more info.

Q: is mce going to be released with the next action pack update?

Q: MCE 2005 supports DVB-T cards, what are the plans for supporting DVB-S cards in the future?
A: Sorry, there is no information on this question today.

Q: Is there a list of compatable TV cards available yet?
A: Yes! Please go to http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready

Q: Is there dvd decoder software in MCE?
A: Not built in. You must install a separate decoder.

Q: Why can't I get an answer on licensing information for MCE?
A: Please see the "licensing and Anti-piracy" fly out on www.microsoft.com/oem. The licensing for MCE is the same as all System Builder licensing

Q: will there be any extender devices that will interact with XP Pro, rather than only Media Center?

Q: Will there be the ability to shutdown the computer via a sleep timer?
A: Not a feature of MCE.

Q: I've yet to see RGB / Component Video capture cards that are supported by MCE 2004; is this something that will be available in MCE 2005?
A: That is up to the hardware manaucturer. At present no

Q: is windows media centre edition as easy to network as windows xp professional
A: Yes but domain support has been removed.

Q: how is it better for timeshifting/recording than a linux based solution(as in tivo, and does it support high res WMV encoding (and @ wat bit-rates)
A: We are ablt to timeshift just like Tivo Yes we can play high res WMV with good hardware installed

Q: Is there DVD Burning capabilities built into the Media Centre Edition?

Q: Are there any technical reasons why a MCX device bought in the USA will not work on a MCE 2005 system in Europe (UK)?
A: Yes, We do not support PAL output

Q: What about picture in picture PIP...will you be able to use the dual tuner to get PIP?

Q: Will there be a streaming version of the webcast posted on the microsoft site ?
A: Yes. It will be posted later today or early tomorrow.

Q: Will MCE be included in future Partners Action Pack Subscriptions?
A: Yes, in the countries where MCE is shipping (except Japan). Thanks.

Q: Will MCE 2005 handle large (40k plus) MP3 collections better then 2004 did?
A: One of the goals for MCE 2005 was to improve performance over MCE 2004, which we have achieved, so yes it will handle larger collections better.

Q: Will MCE 2005 handle large (40k plus) MP3 collections better then 2004 did?
A: It should handle these better.

Q: will there be a NFR copy of MCE included in MSDN or Action Pack?
A: Yes, it will be available in the Action Pack in the countries where MCE is shipping (except Japan).

Q: Will the upgrade from the manufacturer be any different than the OEM version? (2 discs?)
A: No it should not be.

Q: When will MCE 2005 be available for OEM ?
A: MCE 2005 is already available through the normal supply channels for OEMs and System Builders.

Q: Will the MCE 2004 remote work with MCE 2005?

Q: Will MCE be in the Partners Action Pack?
A: Yes, it is in the countries where MCE is available (except Japan). Thanks!

Q: Is this a world wide launch or just system builder channel?
A: Both

Q: Is there going to be a pre release trial download

Q: will it be realeased on the next actionpack quarterly update?
A: Yes, it will, in the countries where MCE is shipping (except Japan).

Q: does the operating systems msdn subscription have education pricing?

Q: will the xbox extender have all of the features of the stand-alone extenders?
A: there will be minor differences but basically the answer is yes

Q: Will any Extenders have built in DVD drives?
A: Not at this time

Q: will you be able to watch and pause live tv from the extender devices?
A: Yes you will. At this time DVD playback is not able to be done from the extenders.

Q: Will Media Center 2005 support Over-the-Air HD signals? How about HD signals from cable or satellite?
A: Yes, MCE 2005 will support ATSC (over the air HD) in the U.S. only. You will need to install the Update 1 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 which is now available from the Windows Update site. MCE 2005 does not support HD signals from cable or satellite at this time.

Q: Are the minimum hardware requirements changed?
A: Please read the Media Center Addendum document that can be found on http://oem.microsoft.com/mceready for the minimum hardware requirements for MCE 2005

Q: I see that now MCE 2005 is available through OEM distributors, UK, USA, etc, When it will be available in an OEM version for Italy ? thanks
A: It should be available in Italy in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Q: What is the minimum recommended processor for a Win MCE 2005 PC?
A: We have a complete list of sugested specifications available on http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady.

Q: What is the digital media feature pack and where can i get it?
A: It will need to be instaled by the OEM or system builder.

Q: Why the 480p limit for video ouput?
A: We support outputs above 480p with Media Center. The Media Center Extender currently does not support anything over 480p due to legal concerns. We are working on making this available in future.

Q: Are there any new specific hardware needs in MCE2005 that weren't required in MCE2004?
A: The requirements of a 2nd tv tuner, newer Video Cards and DVD decoders are recommended.

Q: When will the MCE provide truley digital media allowing us not to still have to carry DVD movies to each room and have a DVD player?
A: Over time, yes

Q: Will Extenders have high quality video output (component, DVI)?
A: Most Extenders have these deatures

Q: WILL THERE BE A TRIAL VERSION AVAILBLE FOR DOWNLOAD OR PUCHASE
A: There will be an evaluation version made available in the coming months.

Q: will MCE 2005 Support DTS And Dolby
A: Via the Digital Media Feature PAck

Q: Is any programming experience necessary to install and configure Windows XP MCE?
A: No Programming Exp is needed.

Q: if somebody could not see the video can they see it again?
A: It will be recorded and will be posted on MOSB after 24 hours.

Q: Will MCE 2005 support streaming live TV?
A: Please clarify your question. Media Center and its previous versions have all had the capacity to stream Live TV.

Q: is there a beta verison we can try from microsoft
A: As of today MCE is available to the public. The beta period is over.

Q: What differance over XP does MCE actually have?
A: The MCE version adds the Media Center Components and functionality to Windows XP Pro.

Q: Will Media Center Edition be included in the Action Pak?
A: Yes for countries that distribute MCE.

Q: is this program being broadcast in TV anywhere in the U.S?
A: Unfortunately no.

Q: Will MCE be included with xp embedded

Q: How is Bill going to explain the lack of DVD suport in the Extenders?
A: You should read our messaging on the website. This is a question that several folks have asked

Q: Will the xbox extender be available in Canada and if so when?
A: Stay tuned to the website for announcements regarding this.

Q: Will this discuss media extenders in detail?
A: Yes the presentaton will.

Q: WIL THERE BE A TRIAL OR BETA VERSION AVAILBLE FOR RELEASE TO SYSTEM BUILDERS
A: Evalaution Media will be available in the coming months.

Q: will the upgrade be free for mce 2004 owners ?
A: To upgrade from MCE 204 to MCE 2005 the users will need to contact their orignal equipment anufacture for the upgrae media.

Q: Will 3rd Party Applications be accessible through the Media Center Extender, or will features on the extender be locked to the main MCE features?
A: Yes they will work :)

Q: When will Media Center Extenders be available in the Uk - including XBox version?
A: Nothing has been announce regarding this

Q: Is MCE still a superset of XP Pro, or has it been downgraded to a superset of XP home?
A: It's based on XP Pro.

Q: Will MCE2005 come pre-installed with SP2?

Q: does mce 2005 supports hdtv
A: MCE will support OTA Over-the air high def feeds in the US. Please look for and update on Windows Update

Q: Where is this being broadcasted from?
A: The show is in LA. There's a team that answers questions in Redmond.

Q: when will media center extenders be released in the US?
A: Today

Q: Is it possible for 2004 MCE users to upgrade to 2005? If so, how?
A: Yes, MCE 2004 will upgrade to MCE2005

Q: There is the possibility to have translation in italian of conference?
A: The webcast transcripts will be posted to the Microsoft OEM System Builder webite. Please review the Italian version of the site after this session.

Q: Have they found a solution for digital TV tuner cards as of yet and anyomre on forceware 4.000.29?
A: An update will be on Window Update for Digital Tuner cards. Also check Nvidi'a website for the latest on their announcments.

Q: Does MCE contain a tv software for a hardware based tv card..
A: Media Center supports hardware based TV tuner cards. For a current list of supported cards please see the HCL available on http://oem.microsoft.com/MCEReady

Q: Will there be PIP picture in picture with dual tunner in MCE 2005?

Q: Please make Media Center Edition part of Microsoft Action Pack asap. Business users are interested as well!
A: Media Center is aimed for the Home market. The Living/Family room. That is the priority.

Q: It is possible to use MCE 2005 with Directv?

Q: Can we download this webcast at a later time?

Q: Hi, any idea how long the webcast will last? Thanks.
A: A few hours The show will start in just a few minutes, live from Los Angeles.

Q: I love Microsoft! Keep up the good work! I am sure Windows Media Center Edition will be fantastic! signed~ biggest 15 year old fan with a company and is an oem system builder.
A: Nice to hear that. Good Job!

Q: Will there be OEM package deals that include MCE 2005 software, DVD decoder software, and various codec packages for single purchase?
A: You should contact your distributor. ATI and NVIDIA will have bundles

Q: Here's a thought... How 'bout a countdown to starting time on the screen for the next video presentation? ;-)
A: That's a GREAT idea!! Maybe we can do that next time. Thanks for a great suggestion. We should be starting in about 5 minutes. Thanks!

Q: will Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 post on MSDN Suscriber download
A: Yes, in the coming weeks

Q: Will there be a Microsoft.com based upgrade patch from MCE 2004 to MCE 2005 as there was for 2002 to 2004?

Q: I already have Media Center 2004, how would I go about upgrading to the 2005 edition?
A: You would need to contact the manufacturer to determine what is necesary.

Q: Will the Media Center Extenders support DVD playback from the MCE computer?
A: Media Center Extenders curently do not suport DVD playback from the Media Center systems.

Q: Will Media Center 2005 support HD Signals from Cable Boxes through firewire?
A: Not supported at this time.

Q: When will MCE 2005 be available for download on the MSDN Subscriptios site?
A: We expect to release in this the coming weeks based on MSDN's release schedule

Q: when it will start?
A: We will begin in about 10 minutes (11:00 AM PST). Thanks for your patience!

Q: what is media center edition
A: It is an edition of Windows XP PC Operating System that allows you to experience more of the photos, music, television, movies and games you want throughout your home.

Q: Can this product help by people with a handycap? I have the ancer of this question for more information can you write to [email protected]
A: During the Beta we icluded disabled people and the general comments from them were that this product made their system easier to use.

Q: when is the xbox media center extender released in europe?
A: There is no annoucnement for the release of Xbox extender in Europe at this time.

Q: When will the show start?
A: Show starts in ~10 minutes. Thanks for your patience.

Q: At what time are you planning to start ?
A: We will begin in about 10 minutes (11:00 AM PST). Thanks for your patience! The show will be worth the wait! :)

Q: Will will the launch begin?
A: We will begin in about 10 minutes (11:00 AM PST). Thanks for your patience!

Q: all i hear is the music
A: We will be starting at 11:00 AM PST (about 10 minutes from now). Thanks for your patience!

Q: i can not see the presentation of mce 2005
A: We will be starting in about 10 minutes (11:00AM PST). Thanks for your patience!

Q: where can I buy it
A: Please contact an authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor to purchase. You can find the list at www.microsoft.com/oem. Thank you!

Q: when the presentation start?

Q: Video?
A: Starting in 15 minutes (11:00 AM PST). Thanks for your patience!

Q: What time does this start?
A: We will start in about 15 minutes (11:00 AM PST). Thanks for your patience!

Q: how much does mce 2k5 oem cost?
A: Please contact your authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor. YOu can find a list at http://oem.microsoft.com.

Q: hello from italy. What time is it there?
A: Hi Italy! It is 10:40am in Redmond. It must be almost 20.00 there! We will be starting in about 20 minutes. Thank you.

Q: why is this taking so long ?
A: We will be starting at 11:00AM PST (20 minutes from now). Thanks for your patience!

Q: at what time it starts?
A: We will start at 11:00AM PST (about 20 minutes from now).

Back