Need a better wireless network setup

@Ira,

So the issue that your wife is having is slow file transfers? Time sensitive stuff?  Email slow?

Is the wireless connection causing the VPN client to drop the connection?

Is she transferring files from her laptop to the a server at work or is she transferring files between servers at work?

Wife typically uses a desktop at the bank she works at.  She was given a hardened HP laptop.  Never seen anything like this.  It looks to be booting to the bank network via a bios VPN configuration then after windows comes up there are two more authentications that need to be done.

It did take her IT department 1-2 days to configure this set up as they typically have never allowed the use of VPN to their network.

Her laptop doesn't have a LAN port. She is trying to locate a docking station she can use that does have one,

Here it was suggested to purchase a docking station which I did for her Gb connection and connecting to the three monitors on the home office desk.  She could and would not work using the laptop monitor at all.    

Yes here wife was configured with a laptop.  It did not replicate her office desktop configuration.  She was told to purchase a docking station.  I purchased one the day before she started to work from home and replicated her monitor set up from work.   I couldn't wait for delivery and drove in to the city to purchase right away.  All that and she only worked from home for about a week then moved to a windowless off site DR facility anyhow. She mentioned it was too quiet at home.

What is the upload speed to the internet with a Gb wired connection to your LAN?

What mfg / model laptop is it.  The thin HP laptops today have a NIC port that looks a bit like a USB port until you insert the network cable which opens the port clam shell like.  Guessing because the laptop is so thin.  

As mentioned before you can purchase an off lease or openbox Ruckus for less than $100 and that will provide Gb wireless connectivity to your LAN.

This would be a quick fix reasonably priced.

Back