Need HDMI wiring for efficient multi-room DVR setup?

Rapidrun products are expensive, but in my experience they work well... especially in situations where you can't run a cable head through an opening or conduit.

Plus they are very rugged. No worries about crimping, cutting, or straining the cable. They are expensive, but considering their lifespan and how I only wanted to do the job once, they were worth it.

Rapidrun products are expensive, but in my experience they work well... especially in situations where you can't run a cable head through an opening or conduit.

It is official, the hdmi/cat5 converter I bought on ebay is a POS. I tested it with two pieces of factory crimped 3 foot cat5e cables and that didn't even work.

The good news, I got the conduit through the ceiling/floor space and was able to knock 40 feet off the run brining it down to just under 75 ft. I have another 75 ft hdmi cable that works quite well so I will just get another.

I got my ebay 75ft hdmi, ran it to the tv and it works perfectly. I should have just done it this way from the start!

I left one of the cat5's in place so I have that ready to go if I get an IP enabled tv.

Back