Need Help Understanding Lutron Wireless

If scaling up to 200 devices, or even anything close, is a concern, I'm not sure why you would consider Caseta as it is natively limited to 50 devices, and offers no upward compatibility to Radio Ra2.

emrosenberg said:
If scaling up to 200 devices, or even anything close, is a concern, I'm not sure why you would consider Caseta as it is natively limited to 50 devices, and offers no upward compatibility to Radio Ra2.
Driven 100% by my ability to sell the look and feel of Caseta at home. If Lutron started making  Radio RA2 switches that match the Caseta line I would not even be looking at Caseta. 

Supposedly I could do four separate Caseta groups and bind them all together using something like Homeseer. Sounds messy but they recommend a similar approach when using ZWave (apparently things deteriorate badly as you scale up a ZWave installation past a certain critical point) so using that approach is not completely unheard of.

For now though I understand enough to think there is no benefit to making any change right away. No sense trading one set of problems for another.

Back