Need phone screening solution, non HA

sbessel

I currently run a Way2Call box with HS 1.7 and it wonderfully will screen my calls and only send calls to my internal phones if I want them to go through. My internal phones never ring with a phone call that I don't ant through.

Does anyone know of a solution that works the same but does not require HS, and would be less expensive, the Way2Call is $400...

I have a friend that wants the same type functionality.

I have searched the net but came up blank... and I can tell you I am really tired of coming up with stupid launch site that just point you to other sites, especially when they are always unrelated...

Thanks!

What criteria do you want to use for the call screening? Some Uniden cordless phone/answering machines allow a fairly large phone directory and allow you to assign a different ring tone (or no ring at all) based on caller id data. All callers still get a chance to leave a message.

The phone co. also offers a screening service to block a short list of callers, and to require people with caller id blocking to unblock before it'll let the call through.

Lastly, I remember seeing on one of the HA store sites a unit that features voice announced caller id. You might be able to turn the ringers off on the phones and program the announcer to be silent on receipt of unwanted calls.

Tom

Some Uniden cordless phone/answering machines allow a fairly large phone directory and allow you to assign a different ring tone (or no ring at all) based on caller id data. All callers still get a chance to leave a message.

Which Unidens do this.

What I currently do is announce CID over the whole house audio and then decided to take it. At least one ring in this scenario.

A three handset, 2.4 GHz spread-spectrum model I picked up at Costco a while back has it. Look for something along the lines of "assign a different ringtone to each caller in your phonebook" among the features.

Hi Scott,

I used to use a program called "Call Station" from www.imptec.com

They have a trial version.

May not be exactly what you need but take a look !

Neil

One of the main features I am looking for is to filter, not ring, unknown and sales calls. distinctive ring is not a feature we are looking for... Hence the Way2Call reference... We do not have a PC that is on 24/7 nor whole house audio, hence the non HA solution.

I remember seeing something like this before, so after some googling, I found that site again. That device looks pretty cool.

Back