Need suggestions on how to run wire to these sensors

db-us

Hello Everyone,

I need advice from the experts here on how to run the security wire for a door and window in my garage. The building has concrete block walls with stucco on the exterior and only paint on the interior. Any suggestions on how to get the wire to the window and door sensor and still have it look decent would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Dave

Door.JPG Window.JPG

You can use wireless but since I prefer hardwire and we're only talking about the garage, I would probably just pull a 22/2 down the wall to the door and window. Attach it with small cable clamps and paint it and you'll hardly even know its there. By the door you could even come down and tie wrap it to that conduit and just across the wall at the top of the door.

Get on a ladder and look down the wall, I doubt it's solid. If it's not just drill so your rod will pass cavity to cavity up the blocks.

Get on a ladder and look down the wall, I doubt it's solid. If it's not just drill so your rod will pass cavity to cavity up the blocks.

It is not completely solid but the top lintle (?spelling) is poured solid and the part just above the door and window is a prestressed concrete piece. Is it okay to drill through the prestressed concrete?

Any suggestions on how to get the wire to the window and door sensor and still have it look decent would be greatly appreciated?
Here is another alternative. After mounting the switch, pull the wire taught, and tack it in place with hot glue. Run it up the wall, pulling it taught and tacking it. Use a small amount of hot glue, just enough to barely hold it. Then go back over the wire with painters caulk. Use a soft rubber spatula (or something similar such as a finger) to smooth it out to make it look good. Place just enough caulk to blend the wire into the wall. After the caulk cures, check to see if you need to go over it again or repair any areas that need touchup. After the caulk dries, then paint it to match the wall.

No one will notice......

Baseboard to door, conduit up from baseboard to window?

Furniture below window, e.g. chair, to hide conduit?

Back