NetCallerID Price Hike

upstatemike

The price of the NetCallerID box has jumped from $11.99 to $29.99! (And there are none on eBay). Anybody know of a reasonably priced alternative?

In the CQC world most people seem to prefer the PCI CallerID enabled modems. Most PCs these days come with them. Do a search on the internet for information on how to test your modem to see if it's CallerID enabled. That's assuming you have a Dial-Up Modem. If not they those can be purchased fairly cheep from any computer store.

In the CQC world most people seem to prefer the PCI CallerID enabled modems. Most PCs these days come with them. Do a search on the internet for information on how to test your modem to see if it's CallerID enabled. That's assuming you have a Dial-Up Modem. If not they those can be purchased fairly cheep from any computer store.

Thanks but I need 4 of them (for 4 incoming lines) and I don't want to fight with the likely driver issues I would get trying to install 4 modems!

Glad I got 2 of those. I don't really use them right now, but I figured I can make them work with the M1 someday.

I bought two of the NetCallerIDs a couple months back. I did not find any source code for them, and the xAP/xPL pluging links did not work, so I am not using them. I would love to interface caller ID to my system though, so if anyone knows of source code for these, let me know.

Thanks!
Vaughn

It's just ASCII data, really easy to deal with. The protocol can be found by doing a quick google tho.

Did you call Electronic Discount Sales and ask about the increase? The price does show $29.99 but the description still says $11.99. Would not hurt to call and ask.

Your Digital CallerID box, also known as the "NetCallerID", is brand new in its original retail packaging and guaranteed working. The manufacturer of this product is Got-Call. The NetCallerID serves a dual purpose. First, it is a stand alone caller ID box that works with ANY phone. Second, it connects to your computer's serial port. This allows you to receive all incoming calls while your computer is connected to the internet via your phone line. When a call comes through, a message will pop up on the screen without terminating your internet connection. The NetCallerId comes with software for Windows 95/98. It also has a 76 call memory. With its sleek attractive design and low price of $11.99, the NetCallerId will be a great purchase for the home.

Did you call Electronic Discount Sales and ask about the increase? The price does show $29.99 but the description still says $11.99. Would not hurt to call and ask.

Your Digital CallerID box, also known as the "NetCallerID", is brand new in its original retail packaging and guaranteed working. The manufacturer of this product is Got-Call. The NetCallerID serves a dual purpose. First, it is a stand alone caller ID box that works with ANY phone. Second, it connects to your computer's serial port. This allows you to receive all incoming calls while your computer is connected to the internet via your phone line. When a call comes through, a message will pop up on the screen without terminating your internet connection. The NetCallerId comes with software for Windows 95/98. It also has a 76 call memory. With its sleek attractive design and low price of $11.99, the NetCallerId will be a great purchase for the home.

Yes I did, The girl on the phone fixed it for me but before I could finish the checkout process it changed back. I called her again and she said her manager told her to change it back to the higher price. She could not explain the $11.99 price in the description.

Back