New CocoonTech.com feature

AutomatedOutlet said:
I think you have some good ideas, except, the 1132B isn't a transceiver ;)
Wrong thread again, Martin! :eek:

This is the "Reserved Word Lookup" Thread and those are merely examples I used that were easy-to-grab to demonstrate a"possible" BUG...

It is only supposed to link the first instance of a keyword, and it is not supposed to touch/break links at all, but this is why the dictionary is based on regular expressions (formulas), so this is something I can fix without touching the code, I figured there would be situations where this would happen.

Just got home from work, and since I always start form the bottom of the "view new posts" and work up, I was very happy to see this new addition.

By the time I got up to this thread, it looks like a lot of veriations have taken place today.

Very good job, electron. I like it as it is at this point in time.

TGB forum uses something similar, but I find their's to be very anonying.

I like yours as it is now, elegant, but not overbearing in your face.

Just my .02

electron said:
It is only supposed to link the first instance of a keyword...
Didn't I say that? ;)
ClearToLand said:
...only the first instance is "updated" - that's correct...
electron said:
...and it is not supposed to touch/break links at all...
ClearToLand said:
...but the 1132B is "orphaned"...
After some "experimenting", (when the "Reserved Word" is not the FIRST WORD in the LINK) it seems that anything after the "Reserved Word" is no longer LINKed (since the ORIGINAL LINK is now broken in two).

Is it possible to determine the LAST WORD of the ORIGINAL LINK *before* applying the "Reserved Word upgrade" code, and then restore the ORIGINAL LINK working backwards from the LAST WORD, creating *TWO* ORIGINAL LINKs?

It's possible, but it might break other links in certain scenarios, this is why I didn't want it to touch links in the first place. I will figure something out.

Very nice E!

I had noticed the color change earlier and scratched my head saying " I don't remember changing the color there". I was(and still am) too tired to look further, so I just kept going. I finally figured out what was going on in the thread prior to this one.

Ok, after having to disable it for a few days, I reenabled this feature, I am hoping it will no longer break links. Took me forever to figure this one out, but the solution was adding a single dot to the 'expression'. Please let me know if you find any other issues.

• Never saw underline *AND* overline before! Interesting touch...
  • Are HA and PowerLinc still "dictionary" words? [They are no longer marked in the earlier posts in this thread.]
  • Is there a rule that if a "dictionary" word is the first word in a sentence, skip it? [See previous post with listing of HA, HT, HS as bullets.]
Thanks!

Links are now totally ignored, both HA and powerlinc are still valid keywords (I have seen them linked in other threads), not sure why powerlinc is not being linked in your post.

Doesnt seem to work for me either. But i never use that word so its no big deal :D I like the Under/Over Line look. I say Keep it!

Back