New Elk keypad available: ELK-M1KPB

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Elk Products announced the availability of the Elk-M1KPB. It's basically the older M1KP with a blue backlight. Looks really sharp!

elkm1kpb.jpg

Can we trade in the greens?? :D

That is a very sharp looking keypad!!! Is the text white like the picture or black? I have found that black on blue is difficult to read at a distance.

That was my question. My green may be up for sale soon to get this bad boy. :D My fav color is blue.

Can you still read the display, even with the backlight off?

With the KP2 (the flush mount one) if the backlight is off, you can't read the display at all. With the KP1 (the green one) even with the backlight off you can still read the display if there's enough ambient light.

Why does the keypad in the picture dislay a date in 2005 when this model keypad did not even exist in 2005

Cause it takes 2 years to get UL Listing........ ???????

Inside joke with Spanky but may actually be true.

It's the same image as used on the KP2 which also didn't exist in 2005. But I don't care what date it has on at as long as it works and looks good!

It's my understanding the blue M1KP was created initially some time ago as a "special order" for a customer and has actually been available for awhile, just not actively marketed.

I haven't seen one in person, but I expect it works like the blue LCD on the M1KP2 and is not readable when the backlight is off?

Cheers,
Paul

pkoslow said:
I haven't seen one in person, but I expect it works like the blue LCD on the M1KP2 and is not readable when the backlight is off?
So why would you turn the backlight off?

One example is if the keypad is in a bedroom... you'd want the backlight to go out so it doesn't light the room up at night.

The characters are white with a blue background. Very readable at a distance. Even better than the yellow/green background with black characters.

This keypad was a special order for a customer for a couple years. With the appeal of the KP2's blue LCD, we decided to offer the blue LCD in the KP1.

Yes, "Digger" is the source of many sleepless UL nights, but we love him anyway.

Back