New Intermatic HA05 Screw-In Lamp Module (Z-Wave)

ChrisWalker

Intermatic is now shipping their HA05 screw-in lamp modules. I have attached a photo of mine. Here are some quick specs:

Official info:
http://www.homesettings.com/products.htm

Ratings:
300 Watts Tungsten (incandescent)
42 Watts Compact Fluorescent
120 VAC, 60 Hz

Temperature Range:
-35°C to 60°C (-31°F to 140°F)
For Indoor and Outdoor Use
[Dry, damp, and wet locations]

Color:
Off-white/almond-ish

Please note that this is _not_ a dimmable module; this is an on/off module. These would be great for (as the package says) coach lights, lamp posts, flood lights, etc. They have a local control button on them as well, of course.

[It isn't recommended for enclosed fixtures where the light bulb is mounted below the module; for enclosed fixtures where the light bulb is mounted above the module, up to 60 Watts is the rating. For open air, up to 300 Watts is the rating.]

Also, make sure that you screw in your light bulb all the way; the HA05 has a nice weatherproof-type seal on it, and your light bulb needs to be snug (but not overtightened) for a good connection.

I'm thinking that these are going to be great as repeater nodes between the house and the garage as well--but you'd have to leave them on at the "switch" and turn them on/off via Z-Wave. Or just replace the switch with a Z-Wave transmitter switch if that's allowed.

Chris

Attachments

• ha05.jpg
    ha05.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 22
Do these do "local control". Meaning what happens when I turn the light switch a couple of times?

Rupp said:
Do these do "local control". Meaning what happens when I turn the light switch a couple of times?
Rupp,

Since the module is screwed into the medium socket and the light bulb screwed into it, I don't think that it has local control--but I also haven't tested that hypothesis. Are you saying that you want to be able to turn the power on and off and on again to the screw-in module and have it turn on automatically?

Chris

Chris:

Do you have an update on the Intermatic "Pro" line? They had indicated earlier that they would be out at the end of August.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I don't have any current release info on the Intermatic InTouch line, although they are of course close to shipping :)

Chris

Rupp said:
Rupp, assuming you mean the light switch that switches the socket that the HA05 is screwed into, then every time you turn the switch off, the HA05 will disappear from the network. It could play havoc with your routing.

Chris W,

Thanks for the info. If I can find a distributor, I'll be ordering one for a secondary garage light control.

People seem to be more interested in Z-Wave now-a-days. Good sign!

Ken

Back