Z-Wave Module turning on by itself!

Deane Johnson

I have a lamp on my desk operated with an Intermatic Z-Wave Dimmer Module (Home Settings). It's one of those packaged in the Intermatic close out sets that had a couple of lamp modules and a controller.

After a few months of normal operation, it has recently started turning on at random times, staying on for about 5 seconds or so, then turning off.

I have a GE hand held remote in service, the kind recently closed out by Radio Shack, as well as a VRC0P run by Elve software, but none of these devices are programmed to operate this lamp.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of activity?

Thanks

Deane

What kind of bulb do you have in the lamp you are controlling - remember it needs to be incandescent and at least 40 watts minimum. Does the button on the top control the light normally?

The bulb is a standard incandescent 60 watt. The button on the top of the module turns the lamp on and off normally.

This has all been hooked up for months with no incidents. The turning on by itself, then back off has only started occurring in the past week and has done it about 4 times that I have observed. It may have happened more often when I wasn't present to note it.

Deane

Back