• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Newbie's X-10 Woes

DRB

Well I got some devices and setted them up to get started playing with home automation to see how it would go. Things didn't go perfect, and while I think I may know why, I like to run it by you guys here.

First I little bit about what I got and the simple set-up I trying to get to run. Currently I have the firecracker starter kit, [firecracker serial interface,TM751,palm pad remote, lamp module] additionally I added two Smarthome LampLinc's. I also have a Maxi-Controller for programing. I am running HomeSeer 1.6 trial.

First problem: I have three lamps in the living room on the lamp modules. Using the palm pad remote all devices work correctly. However if I try to use the maxi-controller, one of the lamps will not responce at all. The only way to get this one lamp to work is to unplug one of the lamp modules. My guess/hope on this is "Collision of the signal" Is this what you guys think?, and would a coupler/reapeator solve this problem?

Also I can control all 3 lights from the other room via HomeSeer. The problem I have here is that the only control I have here is on and off. No dimming. Also I get no status reports on the state of the lights Does this not work correctly because of the fireceacker interface? Is it only a one way device? I would still think I would be able to dim tho.

Thanks
DRB