nextalarm subscription

v1rtu0s1ty

Hey folks, just wanted to know if you are with nextalarm, how much are you paying monthly? What type of monitoring are included with that monthly? What do you think about them?

Thanks,

Neil

I use it and like it. I bought a year in advance and I think it worked out to about $9 a month or so. I also use it with Vonage Voip lines.

AutomatedOutlet said:
I use it and like it. I bought a year in advance and I think it worked out to about $9 a month or so. I also use it with Vonage Voip lines.
Thanks! I had an impression that home security works this way:

you want contact sensor monitoring? add $1
you want motion sensor monitoring? add $3
you want heat/smoke/co monitoring? add $5
so and so forth...

so basically, we diyers just implement whatever bleeding edge technology we want in our homes and then relay the message to monitor services such as NextAlarm via telephone. Right?

:)

Nextalarm is a flat fee service. It doesn't matter how many switches or motion detectors or smoke alarms you have, the monthly fee is the same. If an alarm goes off the panel reports to the central station by telephone line, cable modem, or VOIP, the zone and type of alarm. The Central Station will then do whatever you have told them to do, i.e. call the police, fire, cousin Sal, call you on your cell phone, or do nothing. They will also monitor a cellular backup for an additional $7.50 per month.

Working in Security/Police I don't think the valvue of most monitoring companies are worth it. Although you usually get a cheaper insurance rate.

I can tell you most department do not respond fast, it is simply not a high priority call. But if you call them yourself it is much faster response rather then an alarm company.

Mine is setup to call a few cell phones. But NextAlarm would be my choice if I went with a company.

Back