[OFFTOPIC] transfering to NextAlarm

v1rtu0s1ty

Hi everyone,

I have 2 friends who are with ADT. They can't stand the monthly fee anymore and the service. They even had a $1+ increased this month. Anyways, they were asking if they can use their device with NextAlarm. Can someone please share on what they need to do?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi everyone,

I have 2 friends who are with ADT. They can't stand the monthly fee anymore and the service. They even had a $1+ increased this month. Anyways, they were asking if they can use their device with NextAlarm. Can someone please share on what they need to do?

Thanks,

Neil

AFAIK ADT uses mostly Ademco and Napco products which can send contact ID (CID) so Nextalarm should have not problems with that since it is an industry standard.

Your friends are out of contract? Also I am curious as to the monthly charge. Last summer ADT knocked on my door and wanted $35 a month. Thats just outrageous and they would give me a "state of the art" alarm for $99. Turned out they were offering an Ademco Vista 15 with one keypad, one motion, two doors, and a siren. I then let the guy in the door and showed him my ELK keypad (which cost almost as much as the equipment he was offering) and he vanished into thin air :p

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Neil

AFAIK ADT uses mostly Ademco and Napco products which can send contact ID (CID) so Nextalarm should have not problems with that since it is an industry standard.

Your friends are out of contract? Also I am curious as to the monthly charge. Last summer ADT knocked on my door and wanted $35 a month. Thats just outrageous and they would give me a "state of the art" alarm for $99. Turned out they were offering an Ademco Vista 15 with one keypad, one motion, two doors, and a siren. I then let the guy in the door and showed him my ELK keypad (which cost almost as much as the equipment he was offering) and he vanished into thin air :p

Same thing happened to me. An ADT guy came over and I told him that I already have security in place. He didn't believe because during that time, I still didn't have signs outside. He was thinking that I was telling a lie. He asked me if he can come in. I let him in and showed to him the living room motion sensor. LOL. I also opened the living room window and my ELK talked right on his face saying ("living room window has been unlocked"). HEHEHE.

Anyways, yes, one friend of mine doesn't have contract anymore with ADT. He said, he's paying $39. He is worried though that when he cancels his subscription to ADT, he is thinking that ADT might zap his Ademco equipments. What should he do?

My other friend is also with ADT and he has to wait for 2 more years. He likes my ELK and he's going to buy it once his contract finishes.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Neil

Same thing happened to me. An ADT guy came over and I told him that I already have security in place. He didn't believe because during that time, I still didn't have signs outside. He was thinking that I was telling a lie. He asked me if he can come in. I let him in and showed to him the living room motion sensor. LOL. I also opened the living room window and my ELK talked right on his face saying ("living room window has been unlocked"). HEHEHE.

Anyways, yes, one friend of mine doesn't have contract anymore with ADT. He said, he's paying $39. He is worried though that when he cancels his subscription to ADT, he is thinking that ADT might zap his Ademco equipments. What should he do?

My other friend is also with ADT and he has to wait for 2 more years. He likes my ELK and he's going to buy it once his contract finishes.

ADT changes the dealer code and locks out other dealers. SOME panels can be defaulted back to the original dealer code and others cant. He has the option of buying a new Ademco panel on Ebay etc for about $100 and using the rest of his old equipment. Figure the payback time would be about 6 months and then he would be saving.

$39 a month is such a rip off.

Is the config software readily available? How would you setup an eBay'ed but new panel?

ADT changes the dealer code and locks out other dealers. SOME panels can be defaulted back to the original dealer code and others cant. He has the option of buying a new Ademco panel on Ebay etc for about $100 and using the rest of his old equipment. Figure the payback time would be about 6 months and then he would be saving.

$39 a month is such a rip off.

What if my friend removes the telephone connection prior to unsubscription?

Make sure he pulls the ADT RJ31X out of the line.

I actually still have my ADT RJ31X jack & box setup as I haven't gotten around to doing that and disconnecting it kills the phone line :)

Make sure he pulls the ADT RJ31X out of the line.

I actually still have my ADT RJ31X jack & box setup as I haven't gotten around to doing that and disconnecting it kills the phone line :)

Ah, that means it will really work. All he has to do is to make sure that he pulls ADT RJ31X out of the line. Then once that is done, he can contact ADT and cancel subscription.

Thanks,

Neil

Back