Omni LTE programming

debac

Hello Everyone,

I have an Omni LTE board and was looking for some help with some automation coding.  I hope someone can help me.

So basically,
My Wife is notorious for not using the SNAPlink App on her phone to arm and disarm the alarm system when she leaves. This is an issue because i have contacts on my garage doors.  I've tried putting am 4xdelay on the garage door contacts to see if that will help however it doesn't.  She will forget about the time limit as she's loading up the kids or when coming home she forgets to get out first and shut off the alarm.  So what i have come up with is that i would like to bypass my garage door contacts ONLY when the system is put in AWAY mode and than remove the bypass on the garage door contacts when the system is UNARMED. Can anyone help ? Does anyone have any other/better ideas ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.

Cheers,

Welcome to the Cocoontech Forum debac.

I had similiar issue in the 1990's with a different alarm panel and wiring up the detached garage.

I wired it to alert but not trigger an alarm if the garage door was opened when the alarm was enabled then shut the garage door after a few minutes.

Wife pulled in to the garage while on a conference call.  The garage door shut with the automobile running.

At the time I was thinking of an illuminated large sign in the garage flashing brightly.

Some sensor (zone) for the automobile in combo with the garage door sensor do automagically disable the alarm might work. 

Today here utilize RFID sensors and one camera in the garage.

Ha, Thank you for the info i think my wife would kill me if i did somehting like that with the illuminated sign. She is working on being more diligent with using the app to arm and disarm the system. 

I know I am late to the game with the OMNI LTE questions considering Leviton abandoned it.  However I installed it in my house a couple years ago and was a bit more fluent with everything but got busy and basically just used the system as a basic alarm system.  I also have a bunch of Z-wave switches (different brands) installed and being controlled by genuine Leviton 4 button switches. Now I am looking at incorporating them into my OMNI LTE board.  I have a VRC0+3. All of the hardware was bought in 2016/2017.  

Now I am having trouble with the VRC0P+3 . I am using the VIZIA RF+ installer tool and a LEVITON USB Z-Wave Stick.  I have added all my switches to the system and added the VRC0P+3 last (like a lot of the people have mentioned to do). Now when I got to SET ASSOCIATIONS for the VRC0P+3 it fails for every device. I cannot get it to associate for the life of me . 

So at the moment I don't have but am trying to get my hands on a computer that has an actual 9pin serial port. I do have a USB to 9pin serial port cable. I am also connecting it to the OMNI LTE board using a 4 pin RJ11 Cable. Sorry I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I have.

I read a lot of people talking about updating/flashing the firmware? I haven't done that. I have not been able to find any ACTIVE links online for the download. 

Any suggestions? If I can get it to work how do I go about to get it connected using PC dealer ACCESS .  I am guessing you have to go the serial section and change whichever serial port  I have it plugged into to Z-Wave but after that I am sort of up in the air.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Back