Omni Pro II making noise when trigger occurs

drfergu

I have an Omni Pro II with the sound card connected to whole house speakers.  This is used to have the system make announcements when outside motion detectors are activated.  The system makes noises through the sound card when inputs come into the Omni Pro.  These can be presses on the remotes or when the Omni Pro turns on lights or the motion detectors are triggered.  It appears that any input or output of the system causes the noise.  The Main board is grounded.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  Thank You.

drfergu said:
Yes I am.

UPB generated pulse (like noise) on power line to transfer commands. I think your sound card sensitive with UPB signal. you can try to unplug UPB PIM to test.

Historically here would have noise generated on the home phone lines similiar to your audio card noise. 

Maybe too you can utilize a coaxial microphone style cable leaving the panel or ground the sound card?

It appears that the noise is happening when the X10 transmitter is connected to the Omni Pro.  The unit is the TW523 X10 Powerhouse line interface unit.  This is strange because the noises are happening when the X10 commands are issued but also when inputs come into the Omni Pro and no commands are generated. I wonder if the Omni Pro is generating the noise and it is being transmitted to the X10 transmitter. Any ideas on how to fix this or shield the sound board? I am already using a bluetooth transmitter from the sound card to the amplifier to see about reducing any noise.

Here I do not have an HAI sound card.  Your blue tooth device might not have a clean power supply. 

Try removing it and using an un amplified speaker next to the panel to test with.  

Has the noise always been there?

Can you use headphones connected to the sound source output (assuming this is a preamp/unamplified output) and see if the noise is present?

Back