OmniLT X-10 to UPB conversion problems

alpalmer

I am trying to convert my X-10 system to UPB and cannot get the switches to configure. The data: I have an OmniLT (3.7) with PC Access (3.10.0.643) running on a Windows 7 (64bit) computer. I have replaced all of the switches with HAI 35A00-1 and am using an HAI PIM 36A00-1. I started a new file in PC Access with new Unit names and numbers. They all reflect UPB room and unit numbers. I was able to upload that to the controller. All of the new names, etc., come up on the console. I have tried to configure the switches with both House Code Settings, i.e., Setup/misc/house code set to HAI Lighting and set to UPB. With either setting, I tap switch 5 times, it goes into blinking mode. I go to setup/control/ find the appropriate unit, press # twice. It indicates that configuration is starting. However, it never stops. I do not know how long it should take to configure a switch but I have left it until the switch defaults out of configuration mode (5 minutes). I have tried all of the switches - none configure. What am I missing here.

In the middle of all of this my PCAccess stopped accessing the modem. It has worked flawlessley for over a year. All of a sudden it will not link up. I had not been doing anything with that in the way of changes and it had been accessing fine as I worked on this the past two days. I reinstalled the modem and upgraded PCAccess to no avail. It dials, rings, the modem picks up but nothing else happens. Baud rate is 300 and com port is 3 which corresponds to the system settings. The modem checks out with system diagnostics.

Needless to say, this has been a very frustrating two days. I would really like to get this system working again.

Do you have the units set up as "UPB" or "HLC" in the PCAccess file?
They need to be HLC and you need to follow the HLC convention.

If you use "UPB", then the Omni only sends and receives links.
All the programming has to be done in UPStart.

As for the modem. You may have gotten the controller stuck in a logic loop waiting to program the switches. Whenever mine gets stuck in a loop it stops responding over the LAN and all sctions are extremely slow.
I have to clear the RAM to reset it. Sometimes I have to reset the firmware if I really mess something up.
Try powering down first. Unplug the transformer and battery, then restart. Otherwise, clear the RAM via the console.

Back