OmniPro 2 Console Beeps causing problems

Russ55

I need help that I can’t find anywhere on the forums.  Relatively new installation of OmniPro 2; all is working well EXCEPT:
Anytime you push any button on the console you get 3 quick beeps, short pause, 3 quick beeps, etc. ( WAF is at 0). The beeps prevent the console from seeing my alarm code or anything else - if I push “1111” (default code) to arm or disarm the system I have to push “1” about 20 times for it to register a single “x” (digit) on the panel.  If I turn the console beeps off (0,0) first then the system operates normally.  I’d like to have the chime function on which necessitates the beep function be on.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!!

Not sure your exact problem, but in the console there is a connector with black, red, yellow and green wires. Sometimes those connectors had problems. Wiggle it to see if it makes any difference. 

Thanks Ano - tried that without any impact.  The fact that it occurs on both of my 2 consoles makes me think it’s a programming or central board problem.  As soon as I hit ANY button on the console it starts beeping - ie. I hit the 0 and it beeps continuously until I hit the 0 again to turn the console beeps off (frequently I have to hit the 0 multiple times).  If I hit the menu button it beeps continuously until I have backed out of the entire menu list by hitting cancel - then I’m back to the home screen with “SYSTEM OK”.  Is this some sort of trouble beeping without a message on the display?

So, did it ever work?  

On the console, press and hold the "4" key, then press the UP arrow key. So 4 + Up
Each console has to have a unique address.  Make sure the two consoles DON'T have the same address. 

Pressing the 4 + Up again sets it back to normal.

Ok - lots of new information today after lots of work diagnosing the problem.   ”So, did it ever work?” YES.  Not sure when it quit working but it may have been around the time we had a nearby lightning strike.   I’m not crazy!  (Yay). I found a 10 year old post “Help_ HAI Omni Pro II Initial Set-Up” by t_garp.  He describes exactly what I’ve been dealing with!  His solution was to remove an ELAN adapter that connected to the console inputs (a & b ) on the controller panel.  I didn’t have anything extraneous connected to the inputs - just 2 33A00-4 consoles and one expansion box (17A00-1).  I disconnected all 3 and replaced them one at a time.  I’ve got a bad console - it was set to a different address (as directed above) but it still INTERMITTENTLY caused havoc.  I checked all of the wiring - no crosstalk, no increased resistance (about 1 ohm on each of the leads) or shorts but when I wired it directly to the panel it worked ... the first time.  When I swapped the 2 consoles the bad one reared it’s head again and caused the same infernal beeping.  When it is disconnected the other console works perfectly, in either location. It is interfering with the data stream to the controller panel - the 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps appears to be an indicator that the data stream to the controller is corrupted.   So, other than giving the console a different ID is there something programming wise that I’ve overlooked?  Any suggestions to further troubleshooting the console?  Thanks!

Sounds like you found the problem.  Those yellow and green wires are just a serial connection, if any device connected screws up (or has the same address) then nothing works. 

These are not made anymore, so if you find one at a good price, you might want to buy a spare.

Ok it looks for sure like I have a bad console although the self test passes without issue.  Does anyone know if Leviton still repairs the consoles?  I don’t have a spare (3rd console) but I do have the one console that is working.  But now I have a hole in the wall for a second console and they aren’t available (actually there is one for sale on eBay for $1200!).  What else is available to sub for my bad console?  Are the touch screens available?

Back