OmniPro II Zwave Dry Contact

bkiedro

Hi there,
I'm looking to connect a wireless dry contact relay to my OmniPro II.  Is that possible? I'm looking to monitor a contact and I can't run wire to it.  Any suggestions?

The Omni Pro panel - Leviton Vizia RF + Plug-In Serial Interface Module RS232 combo will primarily only work with light switches and wireless locks.

If you want to do wireless sensors with the OmniPro 2 panel you will need to purchase either:

Ge Wireless Receiver Interface 42A00-2

42A00-2.jpg

Hai Home Automation 45A00-1 64 Zone Receiver

45A001.jpg

Because the OmniPro II is a UL listed panel, and any connected zone going off incorrectly has the potential of calling the police and fire department, Leviton smartly limited wireless to those they have fully tested and certified. Although you may be tempted to jury-rig something, I do not recommend it. Use one of the wireless sensors they sell.  I think the GE Wireless Receiver Interface 42A00-2 is best, and the sensors are cheap, widely available, and super reliable.

bkiedro said:
Could you provide me with an example of what you are referencing?  Not sure I follow how that would work.

If you still using Zwave switch. You can use Zwave switch trigger external relay as program you want and use the NO of external relay as dry contact. I just provide solution. As Pete_C recommend above, the best way using Leviton wireless security sensor

Back