OmniTouch 5.7e duplicate names problem

paliony

Hi everyone! I have a problem with OmniTouch 5.7e.
Recently they started giving me a lot of problems, such as being very slow and irresponsive, freezing.
I upgraded Firmware to the latest exactly as it says in the manual.
All of them has static ip address.
With Automation studio(also latest version) i have used defaul template and the only thing i've added were 12 cameras from 3 individual
HAI camera servers.
First everything was ok. After few hours all of them give me same message and reconnects: "duplicate names are dissalowed"
It has OK button on top of it and you have to kill that message 5-8 times, then touch screen loads and for the nex few hours it works fine.
I called HAI tech support and their answer was:"You must have duplicate name somewere", wich is obvious.
All of the cameras has different names and addresses, the only thing i can think of is Stable cameras and Basement cameras.
They are Stable Left, Stable Right, Stable East, Stable inside and Basement bar and Basement corridor. Changing them to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, 12 still gives me same issue.
If anyone has ever seen anything like it before, please share expertise.
Im pretty sure it must be somth very simple.
This forum wont let me post any images. I have few snapshots.

Here I am not using Automation Studio nor am I using the HAI IP camera servers but rather PCA configuration for the OmniTouch 5.7e cameras. The DVR is connected to 8 analog cameras and 8 IP cameras for 16 streams. (concurrently also have the HAI Omnitouch hub and video setup in a different can but also using the camera feeds aforementioned for the legacy Omnitouch 5.7 screens)

I am limited though to 640X480 and 320X240 resolutions with PCA which is OK but not as good as my other touch screens with HD full screen optional resolution via IP.

I am migrating from SD IP to HD IP though cameras. So both analog and IP cameras are going to one DVR. IE: 8 analog plus 8 IP cameras right now. (5 IP are SD and 3 IP are HD)

I am going really slow and have only configured 5 Omnitouch 5.7e screen cameras. 4 of the 5 are SD and one is HD right now. That said my DVR has 16 cameras and utilizes the same IP with a different link per camera.

I am naming the cameras with spaces; IE: Front Door Camera, Garage Camera, et al.

In PCA I can only number them 1-4. Right now camera #5 is numbered #1, IE: So the numbering is 1,2,3,4,1 for the 5 cameras.

I am still learning though as I didn't know that I could configure the cameras in PCA.

PCA does have a unique name per each camera. The display though is a 4:3 per camera versus the wide screen format.

I am not sure though what would happen to your Omnitouch 5.7e custom screen configuration should you take over to just a PCA configuration rather than your custom stuff? From the basics that I have learned you can do one or the other but not both.

Funny; just yesterday played a bit with a 3 location (businesses) two DVR's at each location with 16 cameras at each location using an off the shelf propietary DVRs. It was OK but personally kind of primitive but functional. Most important to the user though was access via his IPhone from wherever.

I went up to a 10 camera configuration yesterday using PCA. 5 SD cameras and 3 HD cameras. (HD to camera server is via RTSP).

The current configuration was set to jpeg. I then switched the output streaming video to mpeg.

I then changed the PCA camera configuration to mpeg from jpeg and didn't get any video.

I then switched the PCA configuration to jpeg leaving the streaming at mpeg and it still works for whatever reason.

Solved,
The problem was triggered buy Omnitouch downloading cameras configuration from controller and them me owerwriting it by uloading design from Home Automation studio. In design i also had cameras, so removing cameras from Home Automation Studio solved the Duplicate names problem.

So you were right, pete_c thank you.

Back