Omnitouch 5.7e "Transparent" Objects

Douglas

Has anyone found that when the home screen has a custom background image with basic objects overlayed (button, label, clock, etc) that the objects do not come up in "transparent" mode on the initial startup?  However, if you "jump" to another screen and then "jump" right back to the home screen the objects appear correctly? 

I've tried a few variations on setting up the screen, such as pick an objects background color first, then set transparent=true, vice-versa, etc., but nothing I've done seems to correct it.  Thinking that something is wrong someplace else in the coding, I've started a completely new, stripped down, profile with only two basic test screens, same results.

I'm using HAI Automation Studio software version 1.0.3.25, and the Omnitouch 5.7e firmware is at version 3.0.0.13, both of which appear to be the latest versions.

I realize this is a very minor issue but it's just one of those things that bug you.  Like why does it take so long for the first camera image to appear when you can see 1 second refreshes after the first image appears (I'm trying to see if I can get the 5.7e's to grab a multicast video stream to speed this up).  Again, minor but it bugs you.

Any thoughts or insight is always appreciated...
Doug

One item I forgot to add - the screens always work properly in the HAI Automation Studio's simulator mode.  I never see the "non-transparent on initial load" issue there.

Doug

This is normal, don't know why. I assume it has to do with caching the images.
But whenever you load a new design and restart the touch screens, this happens.
As you discovered if you navigate to the page and let it load, then navigate away and back, the page works correctly from that point forward.

The simulator runs on the OS of your host computer.
The 5.7e runs Windows CE which is not as powerful.
That's why things like many web pages work correctly on the simulator but not on the 5.7e.

For the cameras, the 5.7e does not log onto the stream until you navigate to the camera page.
It takes a few seconds to log on and fill the buffer before it will display the camera.

The 5.7e has a relatively slow processor running Windows CE.
It definitely needs a tech update to match the modern environment.
Pity the OmniTouch 7 is not as configurable as the 5.7e.

Thanks for the input, it's good to know it's not just me.  I love the flexibility of the 5.7e, there hasn't been too much I can't make it do... it just works oddly sometimes but it's never hard to overcome. 

I've been reading the 5.7e has been cancelled, I hope it's support is continued with firmware updates.

Doug

Back