OmniTouch 7 Hacking

Has anyone loaded a different version of android, added any apps or booted from an SD card on an OmniTouch 7? I would love to find a way to run NQLink on an OT7 Screen. I have only gotten as far as initially connecting via network to the screen using ADB.

ghostinstallations said:
Has anyone loaded a different version of android, added any apps or booted from an SD card on an OmniTouch 7? I would love to find a way to run NQLink on an OT7 Screen. I have only gotten as far as initially connecting via network to the screen using ADB.

Hi,

OT7 based on linux. NQLink required Android. 

Have some POE android wall mount like this: 

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/10-Inch-Touchscreen-with-PoE-Flush_60803732150.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normalList.14.6f7135fczN0oPL&fbclid=IwAR3RwXVnDHywiiqnMggig5FjI1ImHgaTbsMAUQwul_J3WDRKanLNnOTuYLs

LQtechvn said:

Another member indicated that he was able to load Google Play and other apps on an OT7, but did not provide any detail. From what I can see on the screen during boot and what I see when I connect using ADB, it sure looks like Android to me. That said, I have been wrong before.

I am using wall mount touch with POE 

54255495_317632075771008_1621990503799062528_o.jpg

Homeseer's first Android based in wall touch screen was a SIBO branded touchscreen.

It was a piece of crap.  I rooted it and replaced the OS but still had issues with it and gave it away a few years ago.

SIBO support is nil and while it is a large company; their support sucks and CS is worthless.

That said I would not purchase a SIBO in wall touchscreen. 

Best bet would be to purchase an Android tablet with a clam shell or one with an RJ-45 port / clam shell and POE power it.

Personally modded an Intel tabletop (which can be used in wall) to run Windows embedded (my preference), Android or Linux via POE. 

Works great for me today using it with Leviton Omnitouch Pro (for windows) or Homeseer Touch.  You can mix the audio with Leviton Omnitouch Pro to include SAPI for a talking touchscreen.

Back