One Year Ago Today...

BraveSirRobbin

One year ago today my wife and son were involved in a terrible car accident. I just wanted to mention this to my friends here and to tell them that I still remember all the kind thoughts and gestures that they did for me and my family during this very dark time.

They are both doing fine and our family is working through the last little struggles still remaining.

When I see the handles of electron (my very good friend who helped me out a lot), jrfuda (who set up the paypall account), automatedoutlet (Martin matched the paypall funds), Skibum (I kid around with him but he has a heart of gold), Rupp, smee, Guy Lavoie, huggy, and on and on, I remember all of these thoughts and actions. I just wanted to let you all know that I remember and will never forget! I also hope someday I get to shake all of your hands and personally say thank you!

I can't believe it has been a year already! It's always great to hear when someone (or an entire family in this case) recovered so well from such a terrible event, especially in such a 'short' time frame. No thank-you's are needed, just the fact that what everyone did here (which is another reason to be proud to be part of this community) meant something to your family is the best sign of appreciation one can get.

BSR,
I have never met you but I know you have a kind and caring heart by taking the time to respond in this manner. We said a lot of prayers for your family and they were heard. Thanks for taking the time to say thanks but really we thank you for allowing us to be a part of your "family" during that period. I hope all is well with you and your family and if you need us well be here.

Greg

Wow, time sure flies. It seems it was just a few months ago. So how about a more detailed "progress report" on how recovery has been going, along with the milestones that were reached along the way...and what's still being worked on at this point. Just looking back like that often makes you realize and appreciate all the progress that has occurred over the past year.

They say that time heals all wounds, but you don't forget them. I'm glad things are better, and I hope eventually all traces of the accident and subsequent suffering will be long gone. Hopefully some day we will meet face to face, but no thanks are necessary, BSR. Keep them well!

Ditto to all the thoughts expressed above. I've become more aware of the diffaculties associated with recovery from accidents of this magnitude, and am glad to hear that your family is getting through them.

Back