Optex HX-400RAM

martipe1

I have an Optex outdoor movement sensor that I have not been able to make it work with my DSC 1832

Optex recommended me to get a Resolution RE301 to use it as transmitter, they even sent me the wiring from the RE301 to the HX-400RAM, the problem is that all the time the zone shows as open and only way to arm the alarm is bypassing the zones

Alula does not respond my emails and when I called them, they told me that the sole purpose of the terminals was to connect it to another wireless sensor, which really makes no sense

Optex says that the problem is that loop is programmed incorrectly, but I have read the DSC 1832  manual and no mention on how to change the loop.

I do not know what to do now, specially due to a poor technical support from both companies.

Any idea will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!!

Dumb question, but do you have a wireless receiver on your DSC 1832?   If so, do you have it configured and working with other wireless transmitters?

The RE301 uses three wireless zones... one for the magnetic reed switch, and two for the external wired zones.  The external zones need to be activated by shorting the terminals when you install the battery in the RE301 .  Did you activate them?

When you configured the RE301 in the DSC, did you configure the proper external zone of the 3 zones the RE301 represents?

It would help if you could post a picture of how you have the Optex wired to the RE301.  And post a copy of the directions they sent you.

You won't be able to post a picture until you've made 5 posts here.  But you could post them on an external server like imgur.com and provide a link.

Check their facebook group free technical support maybe someone will be able to help you.   ''Alula professional dealers and Installers''

Back