Problem setting up Resolution RE105 sensor

smolino

I'm having a problem setting up a Resolution RE105 temperature sensor. This is a wireless GE Crystal compatible sensor that has two transmitter ID's, the default ID for low temp, and a 2nd ID for high temp. The low temp ID is printed on a label inside the sensor, the 2nd ID has to be "learned".

My alarm panel is an Elk M1G with an ELK-M1XRF2G receiver.

I can cause the Elk to learn the 2nd ID using the procedure described in the M1RF2G manual and then when I connect RP, I see that the transmitter ID has been inserted in the appropriate field however when I open the tamper switch, that zone does not go non-secure. I have many wireless transmitters and do not have issues with any others.

If I program the zone for the default transmit ID, the tamper works as expected. The instructions indicate that the tamper switch should create an alarm condition on each transmit ID.

I purchased three of these and have tried each of them with the same result.

Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? Does anyone else have experience with this device. What else can I try?

Thanks

I don't think the secondary zone would be a different tamper loop. Just doesn't make sense, there's no need to have multiple RF zones tampered if it's the same physical device. The 105's directions don't indicate the tamper would be on the second monitored zone in my eyes, only that a tamper will be sent if the cover is opened. The sheet only states that there's a unique ID for each function, which I'm reading as 3; High, low and tamper.

I would try tripping the detector normally and see if you see the actual state change on the panel.

Thanks for your response Del. As I read the instructions there is a tamper on each transmit ID. The two zones can be individually enrolled so I would think there would need to be independent tampers. There doesn't appear to be another way to create an alarm trip other than to heat the device above 100 degrees, I will try that. I don't think Resolution deals with end users any longer so I probably can't get technical support from them.

I would look at the ESN. Probably all within the same basic range, so I'd assume there tamper is shared. It makes more sense than Resolution complicating the transmitter by having 4 independent loops.

I did heat the device to it's trip temperature of 100 degrees and it did generate an alarm transmission on the secondary ID. If you open the tamper switch, it generates an alarm transmission on the primary ID. Not exactly what I expected but it works for my purposes.

LakeHouse said:
I did heat the device to it's trip temperature of 100 degrees and it did generate an alarm transmission on the secondary ID. If you open the tamper switch, it generates an alarm transmission on the primary ID. Not exactly what I expected but it works for my purposes.
Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, why do you need two tamper notifications ? One should be ok regardless of what ID it is associated with, no ?

The issue for me is that the two transmit ID functions are for unrelated events, one for low temp and the other for high temp. For my application, monitoring the temperature inside a DVR cabinet, I don't need the low temp function and do not have that ID enabled so the tamper is not monitored. Having said that, I'm not at all concerned about a tamper on a sensor which is mounted inside a monitored DVR cabinet. I was just hoping to use the tamper to test the transmit function. With the device functioning as it does to test the high temp transmit I have to heat the device.  Hope that makes sense.

LakeHouse said:
Makes perfect sense. The detector is either a high or low (or both) device and there's really no need to differentiate the tamper on the same device.

Back