outdoor speaker ELK M1

tomtnt

anyway I can set it up so that all messages/chimes are played in the indoor speakers but only certain messages are played to the outdoor speakers? I flipped through the manual, doesn't seem to be a different set of voice speakers output, does there?

toymaster458 said:
You will need to wire your outdoor speakers through a relay and control it from rules.
toymaster:

will it be able to handle speech if going through a relay or only alarm/siren sounds?
could you give me some more details on setting the outside speaker on relay and the associated rules to make this work?

thanks

It will handle the Voice and Siren coming from the Elk. You just need to watch out for the total Ohms that is used when the speaker is in an on and off state. UL Specs says the ohms can not be below 4 Ohms but the M1 can handle it down to 2 Ohms.

toymaster458 said:
It will handle the Voice and Siren coming from the Elk. You just need to watch out for the total Ohms that is used when the speaker is in an on and off state. UL Specs says the ohms can not be below 4 Ohms but the M1 can handle it down to 2 Ohms.
forgive me for being dense - I can make a rule that states if .... then speak "door is open", but that defaults to output 1, the indoor speakers..

I can also make rule that says, if ... then turn output 5 on for 30 sec - which is for a bell/siren/flashing lights.. how would i turn on the output for speech purposes and make it say what i want it to say from a different output than output 1?

thanks

output 1 is the only output that talks. If you want to make it speak in different areas of the house, then you will need to use relays to route output 1 to different speakers.

for example, you may want to have an interior speaker that is directly connected to output 1 so that it always talks. then have a second outside speaker connected inline with a relay to output 1. when you want to hear any announcements outside, use an elk output to activate the relay.

Tom,

If you need detailed wiring instructions, please feel free to call us and we'll walk you through it.

Martin

214-245-4594

Back