Outlook calendar on touch screen

redgum

Hi,

I’d like to add a full-screen read-only Outlook calendar view to an in-wall touch screen monitor. I don’t actually have the touch screen or software yet, but this may affect my decisions… I think I’ve settled on a 12” ELO touch screen connected to a dedicated PC.

Has anyone done this? What did you use? Are there any *cheap* means of doing this (I don’t want to spend $hundreds for ML software…)

Thanks!

-jim.

Hi,

I’d like to add a full-screen read-only Outlook calendar view to an in-wall touch screen monitor. I don’t actually have the touch screen or software yet, but this may affect my decisions… I think I’ve settled on a 12” ELO touch screen connected to a dedicated PC.

Has anyone done this? What did you use? Are there any *cheap* means of doing this (I don’t want to spend $hundreds for ML software…)

Thanks!

-jim.

You can open an outlook calendar on a webpage using an ActiveX control. I forget how to do it and don't have the example on my current computer, but if you google around for Outlook ActiveX or similar, you'll find it. It is 2-5 lines of code in an HTML page and gives a calendar view that I think you can set for monthly, weekly, etc.

As long as you can install outlook and MSIE on your touchscreen you can run it.

If you run Outlook on the PC connected to the touchscreen just leave outlook running with the calendar view displayed. This assumes you would want to use the touchscreen for other uses.

Back