Patrick Shawn Wilson, March 12, 1960 - March 7, 2015

pete_c

Guru
I recently found out about Patrick's passing. 

I never met him in person and only virtually via forums.

We did chat on the Securifi forum as he was compadre moderator.  Well and he was a fellow moderator for a new startup product forum based out of Italy.  Patrick was also a forum moderator over at the QNap forums.

He had a passion for this stuff. 

PSW.jpg

It is with deep sorrow that we announce the sudden passing of our beloved son Patrick. He was taken from us tragically by a workplace accident. Patrick leaves behind to mourn his wife Valerie Karlsson, parents Peter and Elaine Wilson, brother Michael (Joanne) Wilson, sisters Colleen (Rod) Krasman and Erin (Brent) Finnerty, nephew Ryan Krasman and nieces Emily Krasman and Samantha Kwan, uncle Russell (Geri) Reid, uncle Lee (Astrid) Walbeck and numerous cousins in Canada and the United States.

Patrick lived every day to its fullest, tackling all that life presented him with great passion, positive energy and fearlessness. Always there to lend a hand to anyone who needed help, he was a very hard worker: volunteering extensively with Brittania shipyard, Fraser River cleanup and the Native Plant Society of BC among many others. He had a great enthusiasm for music including classic rock, blues, jazz and alternative. He loved the outdoors, particularly hiking and gardening. Patrick and Valerie spent many hours working side by side.

Patrick will be remembered most for his commitment to family. Family was foremost, whether it was moving a sibling or cementing his place as “the favourite child.” Patrick leaves us with a lifetime of happy memories.

Let it be said that Patrick was “all in.”

LinkedIn

Patrick Wilson
QNAP Forum Moderator at QNAP Systems, Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Computer Hardware

I am passionate about Computer network setup, especially Remove Access technologies such as RDP, VNC, and SSH access to PC's.

My passion for remote PC/network access, including Router Configuration, Virtual Private Network configurations, including Inter-city VPN connections, and using VPN connections for both remote access, and remote Backup across the Internet to protect the privacy of data. (I worked for a year with a Taiwanese Router manufacturer to introduce there product to the marketplace).

Rest in peace Patrick.

Back