Pentair pool interface

Mrmonday

Looking for help on controlling a Pentair pool system with a HAI omni pro 2
Have not been able to make the hand shake between the to units ,thinking it's in the code

What have you done so far? The more details the better - about what you've tried, where you're at now, etc.

Hi. I have set up the RS 232-485 adaptor from controller to HAI serial card , listed commands from the pentair manual to messages
No good
Switched to port 1 with serial cable same commands no good
Called manufacture tried other commands suggested from their support team. No good
Sweep tested cable from Hai to pool 100% good and under max length
Not getting much on flashes on HAI output lights from 232port ( seems I get more reaction from when I do jandy , at least I see some lights blinking )
No flashing lights on pool interface
Thinking I am not send good codes and getting any reaction

Is it possible to control the 24 V Pentair CVT motorized valve or the 24V Pentair IntelliValve?

I dont have any control system currently.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

Hi KaCharles92 - what are you trying to do?  Remote control of the pool valves?
Yes, it is possible but really need to know how you want to control it.
You mention you don't have a control system...will you be adding one and then controlling the pool from there?

For example this is one way:

myServer control system <> autelis pool controller <> Pentair pool controller > Pentair valve

With the above, you would have a HTML "app" on your smartphone or tablet (or both) where you can switch pool modes (eg:  from Spa mode to Pool mode, turn on Boost blower, raise the heat, monitor the temp etc).
See status of the pool and change it's mode (bidirectional).

If you are considering adding a control system, I would do that first and then the pool would be one of the many functions.

You can also get the Pentair controller that has it's own "app", but you will pay twice as much for their controller, and it's limited what ultimately you can do if you later add a control system as it's not as robust as the Autelis is.

Back