Perceptive Automation announces Indigo 3.0

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Perceptive Automation has just announced their new 3.0 release. In case you aren't familiar with this product yet, it happens to be one of the most popular home automation packages out there for the Mac platform. This is a free upgrade for all Indigo 2.0 customers, while existing 1.8 customers can receive a $90 discount towards their purchase of v3.0. Some of the new features include:
  • Indigo 3.0 now includes native support for the INSTEON thermostat adapter, including thermostat-specific triggers, actions, and Control Page elements.
  • Quickly and intuitively create Indigo controlled INSTEON scenes to command multiple modules at once.
  • In addition to creating Indigo scenes, Indigo can also remotely create and edit scenes between other modules.
  • Indigo 3.0 can now upload user defined basic logic and schedules to the INSTEON PowerLinc 2414U computer interface (as well as the PowerLinc 1132CU). Once uploaded, the Mac can be turned off and basic schedules and actions will continue to execute. See the online help and this forum thread for more information.
  • Indigo's SQLite and PostgreSQL integration efficiently saves Indigo Device state changes, Variable value changes, and Event Log messages to either a SQLite database or a PostgreSQL database.
  • Web server plug-in architecture
  • Improved Web server performance
  • User interface refinements
  • iPhone display enhancements
  • Support for INSTEON modules: OutletLinc, KeypadLinc Relay, EZIO6I Input Controller, EZX10RF Wireless Sensor Receiver, EZSwitch30, IRLinc Converter.
You can find more information on their website.

nuts.
I was getting ready to abandon Indigo and move to something that will communicate with my Elk. Now I will have to reconsider and check out the update.

No one has written a driver for the M1? Does it have support for any scripting languages?

It does work great with applescript.
It is also possible to use applescript to bridge to other languages. I don't have leopard running myself, but I believe that this was one of the major upgrades.

No one has written a driver for the M1? Does it have support for any scripting languages?

Several people (myself included) have discussed interfacing to an M1 via Serial Bridge, which is an add on application for Indigo, but I am not aware if anyone had done it. I just haven't had the time to play with this but it really shouldn't be too complicated.

Back