Pioneer SC-1222K is a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Droid

CT Bot
Well the Pioneer SC-1222K came early so I decided to swap it out. My initial thoughts

Pros:

1)  The receiver runs cool to the touch even after a few hours of cranked up music and movies

2)  The Class D3 amplifiers are a clear winner for sound quality. My Polk Monitor 70's have never sounded so good. I was always less than impressed with the Onkyo for music. It will be a pleasure to sit and listen to music in my main room again. Class D3 amplification features a direct signal path, with no EMI filters, feedback loops, or current limiters. (and this all before I even run the Advanced Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration system)

3) Can't wait to run the Advanced Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration system (MCACC) as I have read that it is superior to the Audyssey

4)  USB update was super easy to do

5) Pandora and iPod support (probably will not use either one as it ties into Now Playing that gives me touchscreen control and Pandora via the Grace Digital Tuner)

6) Lots of power with a total capacity of 600 watts all channels driven (120 W/ch 1kHz, THD .08% @ 8 ohm)

7) The price... at $529 it is a steal at Newegg. Best Buy wants over $800 and Amazon over $1000

Cons:

1) Buttons on the remote are small and not back lit (but I use the Harmony One so no big deal for me)

2) No on screen display for volume and surround mode changes when being changed. This was a nice touch on the Onkyo but one I can live without.

This thread is not open. If you wish to respond, please respond using the original blog entry link. View the original blog entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back