Pocket sliding doors and sensors

Rustytek

I have a 3 panel sliding pocket patio door (glass). I initially wired up a magnetic surface mount switch which of course gets knocked off when I open the door. Are there any other methods/techniques for adding a sensor to the door. Wireless is ok - this is what I was thinking of using. I have a caddx Nx-8e.

Thanks

I have a 3 panel sliding pocket patio door (glass). I initially wired up a magnetic surface mount switch which of course gets knocked off when I open the door. Are there any other methods/techniques for adding a sensor to the door. Wireless is ok - this is what I was thinking of using. I have a caddx Nx-8e.

Thanks

Can you mount from the base of the door down into the floor, or from the top of the door into the frame?

Thanks

Can you mount from the base of the door down into the floor, or from the top of the door into the frame?

I have been using the wireless recessed mount sensor (NX-458) in my vinyl windows that I can't get wires too. I mount the magnet (about 1/2 to 3/4") into the window and the actual long sensor into the window frame. So far I haven't cracked any seals, you just have to be very careful about depth. If you have to avoid the track you could always mount it on the side. I have also used these in steel exterior doors and they still communicate ok.

Back