POLL: Do you use a touchscreen to control your lights?

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, let's try this again.

Remember I am only interested in touchscreen solutions, so if you use something like the Motorola Q, it doesn't count. If you use something that isn't listed above, PLEASE post here first, so I can add that option to the list. You can select multiple options, but please don't use this feature if you vote No. If you have any questions, post first! Thanks!

Remember I am only interested in touchscreen solutions, so if you use something like the Motorola Q, it doesn't count. If you use something that isn't listed above, PLEASE post here first, so I can add that option to the list. You can select multiple options, but please don't use this feature if you vote No. If you have any questions, post first! Thanks!

What would you consider the viewsonic airpanels ?

StevenE

You'd count a Fujitsu 3500 as a tablet right? If not, I screwed up.

Definitely a tablet.

What would you consider the viewsonic airpanels ?

StevenE

If I am not mistaken, it's basically a wireless terminal services client (kind of like the UTMA displays), which would mean it relies on a PC backend in order to function.

Good question, I would probably consider it 'Proprietary', eventho I should have made a separate entry for it.

I voted none now but desire in the future.

My big problem is software, none of them seem to support video.

I want a first person style interface ability...

Kitchen kiosk, bathroom kiosk...

I see no need in having a touchscreen right next to the display which could easily also have touchscreen capabilities. The third person interfaces I have seen are hell of cool but they lack that totally integrated capacity.

If SageTV had a good automation interface I would be all over it. However the only current one is for HAL which IMHO is a somewhat pointless expence as an Elk can do everything I care about without an added ($400) software layer. Sage clients don't need alot of horsepower and once I find a way to emulate an MVP you'll need basically nada, you would need support for the touch interface though.

I already own and am in the process of integrating these screens into a CQC based system: 12.1" touchscreen mounted in kitchen, Nokia N770 tablet for Den use (I like the no cords aspect); HP iPaq (already owned so I'm sure it will get CQC screens built for it - however, I think it will be outdone by the Nokia's and I may end up buying more Nokia's).

CollinR
"My big problem is software, none of them seem to support video."

Mainlobby supports video. Several types and architecture configurations.

Camera - bullet cameras feeding TV capture card or IP camera

Streaming Video - Supports multiple streaming capability.

Local Video - Camera device plugged into local PC viewed directly in MainLobby (no extra cost).

Of course also supports switching of matrix switchers as additional flexibility.

Is this what you were looking for?

Above requires full Windows OS PC (no PocketPC solutions for video).

Back