Power Distribution Terminals for Elk?

Can someone please steer me towards some sort of power terminal or bar that makes it easy to connect DC voltage from the Elk to the numerous low current devices requiring it? A vendor or url would be most appreciated.

Searching the boards reveals mention of "Euro strips" but I haven't really been able to figure out what these refer to.

TIA -chuck

I see that the RatShack strips with the jumpers would do the job. Unfortunately "out of stock" I'll see what else I can dig up.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103229

pRS1C-2265722w345.jpg
:lol:

ChuckSchick said:
Can someone please steer me towards some sort of power terminal or bar that makes it easy to connect DC voltage from the Elk to the numerous low current devices requiring it? A vendor or url would be most appreciated.

Searching the boards reveals mention of "Euro strips" but I haven't really been able to figure out what these refer to.

TIA -chuck
I really like the idea of the Elk PD9 for power, but I use Wago terminal blocks for everything else. This listing on eBay would likely be more than enough to do your installation:

http://cgi.ebay.com/120-Used-Wago-Cage-Cla...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am going to look into the cage style DIN mounts for my next install, but Chuck - that pic is a terminal or barrier strip, not a Euro(pean) strip. You can get those barrier strips in the Rat Shack stores or in Home Depot. The Euro strips are white and look like this. You can see it in use here. You can pick them up in your local RS.

Steve, What I don't understand is do you just use a wire to short the Euro blocks or is there a "blade" type jumper available?

Unfortunately there is no jumper bar available like on the barrier strips. You need to make jumpers. You can see them (small arcs on bottom) in my pic above.

Steve, Ahh, I see that in your pic. It's a nice finished look. Thanks much for the help. I'm going to order up some of those.

chuck

Steve -- what kind of label maker did you use on your install?

I see a few lables in that picture you posted (some wires on the bottom labled "Front") -- they really look nice.

Steve said:
I am going to look into the cage style DIN mounts for my next install....
Once you've tried the din rail cage style strips you'll never go back to screw terminals. In the ebay listing there are 7 jumpers installed in the block on the left - just an example of what wago's jumpers are like. And no, this is not my ebay listing, I just think they're neat :)

carry15+1 said:
Once you've tried the din rail cage style strips you'll never go back to screw terminals. In the ebay listing there are 7 jumpers installed in the block on the left - just an example of what wago's jumpers are like. And no, this is not my ebay listing, I just think they're neat :)
Trying to understand how these puppies work. . . do they connect together as you stack them side by side? Are the narrow gray bars scattered throughout isolators that prevent that connection?

Phoenix makes this type of thing too- also a common ebay item.

Thanks

Markd

Curt, thanks for the link, it is a good description of them. It looks like they simply connect the top and bottom, much like a barrier or euro strip. It appears that if you want a continuous connection all the way across there are jumper pins that look like need to get installed. I imagine you can put 2 legs in each clamp (1 leg of each jumper)? Also a few more questions if you have used them...

1. Looks like it will support down to 24GA wire, but can you use stranded in addition to solid?

2. How many individual clamps can fit across a standard 14" wide SW can?

Back