Premise Premise and the Xbox 360 Update

Motorola Premise
C

chucklyons

Well, I downloaded the XBOX 360 update which added IE to the platform. My immediate reaction is 'cool', but what does this mean for us Premise junkies?

Traditional Premise - It loaded the UI, prompted for the ActiveX connection; I selected yes, the the home page appeared. Nothing beyond that. I wouldn't be surprised if ActiveX was left out of the delivery. I did find already, someone asking if ActiveX works on the 360 - so we're not alone...

Moved onto 123's Minibrowser. Unfreakin' real. A 50 inch MB sitting in front of me...some quick checks - everything works. Well, sort of. I'm tickled that my MediaShortcutEx works - the display stays, the music plays thru the stereo (XBOX is Input 3), and all of the selections work. However, MediaZoneEx has an issue - it goes to the MSense connection for the media device (In my case, 'CD' which is Input4), which then renders the screen blank. That is core Premise functionality and not a MB issue. Something to look into...

That is the only glitch I have found in my couple hours of 'testing'. MB will be the vehicle for iPAD, Windows Phone 7 and iPhone, and now the XBox360.

123 - nice job! You kept Premise relevant going forward into the 'in'ActiveX world!

(I sure hope SYS runs on Windows 8!)

I will have to update my xbox so I can have another test platform for the jquery mobile UI. Thanks for the heads up.

If you get a nice UI working I can use from my couch, I'll donate and I'm sure other's would too. Personally, I'd rather see a Windows Media Center add-in for Premise that is more like a small on screen display menu. However, one can always launch a browser from within media center and control things that way if the interface is simple enough to see from a couch.

Back