Premise Premise UPnP add in and Windows Media Player and/or XBOX 360

Motorola Premise

etc6849

I'm able to install John's UPnP add-in. It's able to find all of my Windows 7 devices and it builds Media content for the folders. However, the "content" shown is only the UPnPMediaFolder objects. No files are actually shown.

I installed the XDO then installed the Setup.exe on my Premise server. sys://Devices/CustomDevices/UPnPAVRoot then shows all Windows 7 PCs and my Xbox 360. I then click ExtractContent for each server which builds the list of Content folders (with no actual content). When I click GetMusic nothing happens... Any ideas?

I'm able to install John's UPnP add-in. It's able to find all of my Windows 7 devices and it builds Media content for the folders. However, the "content" shown is only the UPnPMediaFolder objects. No files are actually shown.

I installed the XDO then installed the Setup.exe on my Premise server. sys://Devices/CustomDevices/UPnPAVRoot then shows all Windows 7 PCs and my Xbox 360. I then click ExtractContent for each server which builds the list of Content folders (with no actual content). When I click GetMusic nothing happens... Any ideas?

I don't know what file types you are using bu tif they are different than the stock Premise settings , did you add the extensions to the extension line in builder?

I think this is the list that a stock Premise setup uses. (.mp3;.wma;.wmv;.asf;.avi;.mid;.wav;.jpg;.gif;.png;.bmp) I had to add others that I use like .flac and .m4a.
Other than that I don't know why the files wouldn't show up.

Thanks Wayne. The file extensions are .mp3 and .wmv. I wonder if it's the way my router handles UPnP? I have never used UPnP so I think maybe I should look into that...? I was able to get Windows Media Player 12 to play songs on my xbox 360 using my Windows 7 laptop, but I'm not sure if Windows is using UPnP to control the xbox 360.

Is there anything else that needs to be installed besides the setup.exe in John's zip file? I'm running XP Professional SP3, but the Premise server has no UPnP software on it besides what John provides in the zip file. I also noticed that the Premise UPnP service keeps stopping when I try to extract music content from the Twonky server (I installed Twonky to see if I could get it to work).

I think I figured out one thing I was doing wrong: I believe the intent is to enable one or more of the Get options (Music, Video etc...) then click extract content (doh!). When I made my first post I was only clicking extract content. Still doesn't work, but at least I'm closer to getting things to work :)

Is there anything else that needs to be installed besides the setup.exe in John's zip file? I'm running XP Professional SP3, but the Premise server has no UPnP software on it besides what John provides in the zip file. I also noticed that the Premise UPnP service keeps stopping when I try to extract music content from the Twonky server (I installed Twonky to see if I could get it to work).

I think I figured out one thing I was doing wrong: I believe the intent is to enable one or more of the Get options (Music, Video etc...) then click extract content (doh!). When I made my first post I was only clicking extract content. Still doesn't work, but at least I'm closer to getting things to work :)

I haven't used the UPnP module in a long time but I don't remember having to install anything else, I do remember I used it with Tversity and an old Dlink media player and it worked playing video. I switched to SageTV a couple years back so I don't use the UPnP module anymore.

I think that's probably half my problem. I don't have any normal UPnP hardware, just Windows 7 and an XBOX 360. I'm sure thing work great if you have something other than an Xbox 360.

Back