problem sound omnitouch 7

Hello, this morning my 7" omnitouch stopped producing sounds, it doesn't emit any sound.....
omnitouch has the latest firmware and i update it much time ago...
is it an hardware problem?

Since it is basically an Android tablet, have you tried unplugging it, waiting a few seconds, and plugging it back in to see if a reboot fixes it?

i umplegged it, at the first press it emits a sound like "clack", then it doesn't emits any sound....
i rewrited the firmware but the touch doesn't make sounds...

what can i do?
in your opinion is it an hardware problem? 
it is very inconvenient that the touch doesn't emit sound when I insert the security system....

Did you try lowering the volume and then raising it.  As well, try disabling the Key Click button then re-enable to see what happens. Does it have a smidge of green along the right edge like the Sounder button?

You're running Kernel 1.2 and FW 1.14 or other?

StarTrekDoors said:
Did you try lowering the volume and then raising it.  As well, try disabling the Key Click button then re-enable to see what happens. Does it have a smidge of green along the right edge like the Sounder button?

You're running Kernel 1.2 and FW 1.14 or other?
I'm running kernel 1.2 and fw 1.14.
Yes, i tried lowering the volume and then raising it, i tried disabling the key click button and re-enable... the green edge turns on and off when i enable and disable the button... but nothing sounds...
it seems that the loudspeaker are disconnect

So at this point, there are only two steps left.  Reset the unit and reprogram (again) and if that doesn't work, you have a hardware failure.

StarTrekDoors said:
So at this point, there are only two steps left.  Reset the unit and reprogram (again) and if that doesn't work, you have a hardware failure.
How can i reset the touch?
i tried to overwrite the firmware by pc access...

I'm afraid that as fragile as the OT7 's are that pressing the reset button may break the unit.  Never pressed the button.... "yet"     :pray:

Back