Programming VRC0P +3 for Scenes

jwa1d62

I have not been able to glean enough info from VRC0P_ASCII_Programming_Application_Note.pdf to know if what I

want to do is possible.

I want my Vizia RF+ VRI06-1LZ (dimmer) to send scene info to my Vizia RF VRF01-1LZ (fan dimmer). When I come into the room and press the dimmer on, I want the fan dimmer to come on. I have tried various PS (Program Scene) and S (Scene) commands, but have come up empty so far...

If doable, examples will be more than welcome!

The 2 switches (VRI06 and VRF01) can not do it without some help. You would need a scene switch or use a program with a VRCOP or Z-wave USB stick.

Do you only have the 2 switches?

thank you, Paul. In addition to the 2 switches, I also have the VRC0P +3.

Do I need something in addition ?

( I also have a Leviton VRCPG-BSG handheld, a ControlThink USB Stick, and the new Leviton RF Installer program )

The use case that is mentioned is technically possible with Leviton Vizia+ switch, but it not supported by either ControlThink or RF Toolkit. By default, Leviton Z-Wave load-control switches are not designed for both physical and virtual zone/scene control. Special Leviton switches should be used for zone and scene control (http://www.leviton.c...&minisite=10251).

You would need a find PC-based or embedded controller that implements the association class functionality. Interfacing with VRC0P is not a simple programming job because there are number of RS-232 idiosyncrasies related to scheduling, retransmission, and configuration.

If you wanted to use a VRC0P, you would have to associate both the primary and fan switches with VRC0P. The software would have to wait for an update message from the primary switch, once this message is received, then an ‘on’ command would have to be sent fan. It gets more complicated then this because what happens if the fan was already turned on and adjusted by the physical switch. Who has priority? What happens when the primary switch is turned off, does not fan turn off too.

IMHO, your best bet is to investigate some of the HA solutions mentioned on CT that fully support Leviton’s Z-Wave devices.

To answer the original question, the VRF device probably does not require the scene command. The fan controller probably has three different “dimmer” levels. I don’t have a fan controller, so I cannot be sure. You can use hyper-terminal to see how to manipulate the fan using VRC0P template command below.
?N2 { get fan level levels }
N2L33 { set fan level to low }
N2L66 { set fan level to medium }
N2L99 { set fan level to high }

Whenever a light status is changed, a message such as one below is sent to all associated static controllers.
<N002:044

Sorry JWA1D62. I have been traveling (currently in hotel room). I must have missed your previous message. Hopefully, 6d.dennerline has answered most of your questions.

I don't know if Leviton has changed their RF Installer program but originally it did not work with the ControlThink USB.

Thanks to you both.

Currently I have implemented a WinBatch software solution that monitors the VRC0P... works fine (if not instant) ... just wanted to know if there was something better.

If recv dimmer(101) off, turn off fan(098) and other lights
If recv dimmer(101) on, turn on fan(098) and other lights

If StrSub(Msg, 1, 17) == '<N101S000,000,000'
sSendString(WF2SLSocket, '>N005,031,098L000' : @CR)​

ElseIf StrSub(Msg, 1, 17) == '<N101S000,099,000'
sSendString(WF2SLSocket, '>N005,031L099' : @CR)​
TimeDelay(0.5)​
sSendString(WF2SLSocket, '>N098L050' : @CR)​

EndIf

Back