Project Update - Slowly moving forward

beaumeri

Hi,

I'm quickly stopping by to post an update on my automation project.

So far here's what I've settle on.  There are few pieces I need to find more information about.  Any input from members is very welcome.

Brain of the system
Elk-M1
CQC - 1 iPad per room (Still have to buy few tablets)

Lighting:
UPB
Philips HUE (just got them and like it so far)
LED light all around inside and outside.  

Smoke alarm:
NEST (Not purchased yet)

Motorized Shades
Somfy - Need to clarify wirering and communication options.  I have few windows with 4 wires 18 gauge already installes and few more to install wires.   Most likely cat6 with 4 wire 18 gauge.

HVAC:
I have a HAI Omnistat 2 with remote temperature sensor - Don't want to see the ugly tstat on my wall.

Decision point:

I have central air (Electric) with AC
and
radiant heat in floor (water pipes in concrete on all floors) zone by room.. Currenly controlled with Aube TH135 (not automated)

I will install motorized damper in my forced air system to better control heat and AC per room with Air exchanger and humidifier.  Fan always on 24/7/365 with air exchanger and humidifier both stand alone.

I need to figure out how to centrally controll all this with CQC. Perhaps temp sensor in each room tied respectively to their own Omnistats.  When it call for heat trigger contact that would replace the TH135 so radiant floor heat  triggered.  When call for cold, trigger central air?

I have not put much tought in this part yet.  Any advise will be welcome.

Doorbell / Camera:

Was looking in Mobotix T25.  Lots of features and clean look but it's fairly expensive.  Perhaps a good IP camera and a doorbell that I can connect to ELK  would be a good alternative?  I already have RFID for Elk.

Security:

Door lock Scheage with Z-wave VRcop. (Not purchased yet)
Contacts on every windows and Doors including closets. Need to turn on those lights in the closets  :) 
Dual Optex OS12C in each door frame in house to trigger light as people get in an out of the room.  Also used as trigger when house alarm is armed.
Motion outdoor.

Thank to all the post I've read on this forum and all the great knowledge I was able to acquire from Cocoontech members.

Whole house audio:
Nuvo Grand Concerto with zone expander (Still need to purchase few amps)
Rasberry PI Airplay target with Schiit Modi DAC.
Itune with Itune remote

The Apple ecosystem for music is great no point re-inventing it.  Select the source with CQC than control music with my iPad with the Apple Remote App.

If you want CQC control of the playback and display of metadata within CQC, we now support the Myro:Air, which is a music streamer for AppleTV.

Back