Purchase of Fujitsu Stylistic 3400s

Hi all,

The Laptop Enterprises seller on eBay has just dropped his "buy now" price to $175.

Does anyone know if the 'palm rejection' logic can be defeated or is it built into the firmware and cannot be modified?

Regards,
TCIII

Dont know on that. I have noticed his 'buy it now price' varies from $149 tp $175+ Not sure what drives that, but it seems to fluctuate.

I bought 2 3500s from Laptop Enterprise and am pretty happy with them (both with the purchase and the seller).
1 of the 2 overheats with extended use (makes touchscreen inoperable). I sent the guy an email and he quickly offered to replace the 3500. I decided it was not worth the hassle, but was impressed with the service.
I wonder (haven't check as I'm at work) if there are performance comparisons on the net for the 2 chipsets. For what I use them for (Xlobby/PowerHome) 3400s may hve been a better buy.

HTH,
Manny

Mannyman,
Check the bios settings on 3500's. In the bios, there is a choice to taper/slow down the CPU when things get too hot. This MIGHT help.

Smarty,
I'll give that a try sooner or later.
It hasn't really been an issue as it only happened when I first got it and was web surfing for quite awhile. As I now use it mainly as a remote control it hasn't been an issue.

I now remember why I chose the 3500. I read on some other forums that the 3500 handles video better (stuttering, etc.), can accept more memory, and has a larger drive. I do not play videos on this as much as I thought I would, but that was the deciding factor for me.
I do pull up the security cameras on the tablets however.

With that said I can't verify if the video is better than it would be on a 3400, but it works fine for me.

I am thinking about getting a unit for GPS in a car. Opinions on how good these units would be?

Would they be able to run VR?

Also, I have searched ebay for the sellers mentioned but neither have units anymore. Any suggestions on others to look for?

check out mp3car.com - i actually bought my first 3400 from one of those guys.

They're seriously some gifted mp3car guys out there.

Back